Headaches?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Ever since about a week after coming home from the hospital, I've had a headache every day. I mean, seriously, EVERY day.

I had migraines pretty bad before I got preggo, but they were pretty closely tied to my cycle and stress, I think. I only had a handful of headaches while I was pregnant, other than the last few weeks when my BP was up.

So, my doctor had me try all my usual remedies -- Motrin 800, my migraine medicine. None of it helps. She has me on a prophylaxis now, which is actually a BP med, but it's "off label" use is migraine prevention. I hadn't noticed much of a difference, until earlier today. I thought "Wow, maybe this medicine is finally starting to work." But now I'm back to having a raging headache.

I'm sure it's a combo of a lot of things... lack of sleep, stress, worry, hormone fluctuation, etc. My work is going to screw me over (turns out I won't be going back to my regular position for some reason -- funny this change came while I was on bed rest / maternity leave) so I'm highly stressed about that. Sometimes I just lay in bed with my mind spinning about that until I fall asleep from sheer exhaustion. But the headaches started before I knew about that, so I know it isn't that alone.

So...Anyone else have headaches since giving birth?

February 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, not as many as you Mine are always tied to lack of sleep. I know for sure after a bad night the next day is going to be hell.

February 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I have totally been having them more than I have in the past. Almost every day I have one, I try drinking coffee thinking that maybe it's from lack if sleep and I need a pick me up and then I think maybe I'm dehydrated from BF but still nothing helps. I think I may ask my Dr about it at my 6 weeks check up.

February 19th, 2013, 03:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, one a day. I feel it is stress and lack of sleep related plus the hormone changes. I'll be asking my doc about them on fri.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 19th, 2013, 05:37 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I was getting really bad headaches for a while but it seemed to decrease a good amount since.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Yes. I feel it's related to BFing? But maybe not. I wake up with them the past week and a half, it's awful. I also got migraines once in a great while before being pregnant, I got 4 or 5 major migraines (with aura) while pregnant, which is much more than normal.

But these headaches make me feel SO TIRED. They feel different. Is that how yours are? Like a cloud hanging over your head. I think it could have something to do with not getting full sleep cycles, it feels like that.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

February 19th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Dee
Did your doctor ask if your BP is high? My SIL had awful headaches after one of her kids, and it turned out to be post-natal pre-eclampsia. She went into the hospital for a magnesium drip for a couple of days. (Not to be an alarmist... I always downplay a headache, and it could be a variety of other factors. But it may be worth checking to see if you have other related symptoms, just in case.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search