Oh, child. Sleep! Please?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aaron's 7.5 weeks. He'd been getting up 2x, maybe 3x a night since birth, but the past three days he's been up so much...last night it was 10x between midnight and morning! Anyone else dealing with this? I thought we were past the 6 week growth spurt already, but I guess babies aren't born with calendars.

February 19th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln's night time sleep is terrible. I am SO tired. The past several nights, he's FINALLY been down for the night at 11 (this is after being super fussy all evening) then he's up to eat at 1am and 3am, then from 3am until 7-8am he's literally just dozing 5-10 minutes then waking up and crying/fussing. He's super gassy and for some reason his tummy really bothers him during those hours.

February 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I am under the impression there is a fussy period right around 7 weeks. Parker last night was AWFUL! He had been doing pretty well lately, up every 2 hours as normal, but not crying or angry. Then Parker hit 7 weeks and he's miserable! They do say the fussy peak is between 6 and 8 weeks, but man oh man it was not fun last night. By the time I finally got him to succumb to sleep I was overly exhausted and frustrated. Luckily he slept from 1230 until 5 this am with only a minor wake up for me to move him to my chest for further sleeping. Without that span I would not be a happy camper today. Just hoping this fussy time passes soon so I can maintain my sanity.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree!

With my DD, I remember crying at her 2mo ped appt when the ped asked how I was. She said just hold out til 3mo and it'll get easier, and it sure did!

February 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Do your LOs have their days and nights mixed up? We were dealing with this at first. We made sure to wake her every 2 hours during the day, sometimes she would be sleeping so well we had to get her naked and put her in the bath to really wake her up. We made sure to keep all the lights on during the day, open the blinds, blare the TV, talk a lot, and be as stimulating as possible. It took about a week, but she flipped her awake periods to the day vs night. We have had no issues for about 3 weeks since then. Sometimes she sleeps 6 hours at night, much the the chagrin of our pediatrician. However, she is 4 weeks old and 2lbs over her birth weight, so I feel no need to wake her to eat.
February 19th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aaron did have his days and nights mixed up, but we had settled into a good routine where he slept for at least 3 hours at night in a stretch. I don't know what's happened...

February 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Veteran
[QUOTE=marybeth76;27109878]Lincoln's night time sleep is terrible. I am SO tired. The past several nights, he's FINALLY been down for the night at 11 (this is after being super fussy all evening) then he's up to eat at 1am and 3am, then from 3am until 7-8am he's literally just dozing 5-10 minutes then waking up and crying/fussing. He's super gassy and for some reason his tummy really bothers him during those hours.[/QUOTE

We are sharing the same baby??!?
February 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Veteran
[QUOTE=marybeth76;27109878]Lincoln's night time sleep is terrible. I am SO tired. The past several nights, he's FINALLY been down for the night at 11 (this is after being super fussy all evening) then he's up to eat at 1am and 3am, then from 3am until 7-8am he's literally just dozing 5-10 minutes then waking up and crying/fussing. He's super gassy and for some reason his tummy really bothers him during those hours.[/QUOTE

We are sharing the same baby??!?
February 19th, 2013, 05:35 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I hope there isn't a 7 week old fussy awful period because Vivi is just about 6 weeks old! I find that if we don't stick with her schedule she's a hot mess. She needs to get some sort of longer nap at some point in the am and she needs to be up in the evening and then her 9:15 ish feeding with a half ounce extra formula will put her to sleep from like 10pm to 4pm but the last few nights she's been up 4-5 times to eat and fussiness. I try to remind myself that it could be a lot worse but this 7 week old fussy thing is now scaring me!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search