Some questions for my fellow Zantac users....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet?

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well?

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes?

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer?

Does your LO scream when you are giving them their medication?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home

Last edited by mommysc2; February 20th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
February 20th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet? No

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well? No. We switched to Good Start Soothe but that was for him spitting up very bad. It's not working though and he won't drink it with the added cereal so we might switch to Similac Sensitive for Spit up

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes? No

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer? As bad as this might sound, I would just keep him on the Zantac. We just can't afford the $30 a can for the real exspensive formula and the Dr said he'd probably out grow needing the Zantac by 4-6months.
mommysc2 likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet? No

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well? Yes

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes? Yep

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer?

Well we are on the most expensive formula and Zantac, so its moot.

Does your LO scream when you are giving them their medication? No
mommysc2 likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh didn't see the last question. No he doesn't scream but he doesn't like it. I have to literally shoot it into the back of his throat or he won't swallow it!
mommysc2 likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When he is older you can mix it with apple sauce. My oldest girl took it like that for years.
mommysc2 likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Ok, here are my answers.....I ask because I am soooo confused!!!

Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet? No, but the dr said zantac is increased with weight gain so I am stressing over this.

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well? not yet, however her gas is getting bad so I am going to call him today and see if he thinks we should change but for the reflux not yet.

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes? YES YES YES....

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer? Maybe?? Not sure if I want to spend that kind of money but at the same time I really don't like her being on meds at such a young age......

Does your LO scream when you are giving them their medication? She has gotten better, prob getting used to it. She cries that's for sure but she used to scream bloody murder!! I tasted it and it is disgusting!! She loves the taste of her gas drops though! My dr said the pharmacy can flavor the med up so when we refill which will be next week I am going to talk to the pharmacy about this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 21st, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont think you have to worry about the choice between changing formula or keeping her on Zantac, honestly she would probably need the Zantac regardless of the mode of nutrition she gets.

I would suggest tho, if the Zantac isnt working well enough on its own that the Dr thinks about pairing it with a motitlity drug such as Domperadone. Its perfectly safe in infants, we used it at Sick Kids with Bryn. It helps with delayed gastric emptying....which can aggrevate reflux.
mommysc2 likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet? No, hes only been on it a week.

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well? Nope

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes? No, just the opposite. Hes been bordering on constipation.

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer? Zantac

Does your LO scream when you are giving them their medication? He definitely doesn't like it. I had them flavor it too, but now out just smells like minty grape.
mommysc2 likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you needed to increase the dose with weight yet? Not yet, but his symptoms have kind of come back so I think he'll need one soon.

Did your doctor change the formula (if formula fed) as well? No because I mainly breastfeed, but when I do use formula (about 10% of the time)

Are you LO's stools VERy soft and leaking through the diaper and onto the clothes? Yes very soft and sometimes become poo-splosions. He does only poo once every 1 to 2 days, but doc said that is pretty normal.

If you had a choice of switching to an expensive formula with out the need of meds or just keeping them on Zantac, which would you prefer? I'd do whatever would give him the best results, but I'm fairly sure zantac is our best bet

Does your LO scream when you are giving them their medication? No he just makes a face because he hates the taste lol. We just quickly follow it up with a bottle and he doesn't care.
mommysc2 likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search