Nap schedule?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Does anyone have their LO on a nap schedule yet?

I'm trying to get onto a more set schedule. Usually she eats, plays/stays awake for about an hour or two, then wants a nap. In the afternoon, she seems to want a long nap. I'm trying to piece it all together so that we can get on more of a set schedule. As a preemie, she was super sleepy and still has some days when she sleeps quite a bit vs. her actual awake time.
February 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Not really. I've been wanting so badly to get in a routine but I'm finding it really hard to. I'm hoping once he's bigger he'll be more predictable and I can get in one.

So far though the past week or so he's been waking up and eating, then staying awake until about 2 with maybe just a few cat naps before then, sleeping & eating until about 7 where he eats again stays awake til about 9 or 9:30 eats again and then passes out for the night. Today though he's slept more and last night he was up more then usually and he's been soooo fussy so I think he's going through a growth spurt.
February 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln still sleeps most of the time. I haven't tried keeping him awake yet because he's never happy when he's awake, unless he's eating.
joellejello and MammaWannaBe like this.

February 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we have very rare periods where she is awake and happy unless she is eating.
We have a pretty good night schedule where for the most part her last feeding is around 9:15, she's in bed at 10am, and she will sleep till 1-2am, another feeding, then up around 5:30-6am for another feeding, and she usually likes a long morning nap and then will sort of take random short naps after eating through out the day. We are ruled by her feeding schedule (she is eating every 2- 2 1/2 hours during the day.

I feel like a day routine would be nice, but it still feels too soon and I guess I should just be thankful to have a night routine that's successful 90% of the time. Ah I don't know! Why don't babies come with manuals? lol

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
February 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Sort of a schedule, kind of, is emerging. He's usually up around seven am, and almost always nurses and takes a nap at nine. Some days I can lay him down, some days I have to wear him, but that's when I get the house clean. After that nap, it's sort of chaos. He does always take another good nap in the afternoon, but it's not at the same time every day. I can count on cluster feeding in the evenings, usually between five and eight, then some awake time, and he usually nurses to sleep between ten and eleven. That's his long stretch of sleep, usually three and a half or four hours, then back to eating every two.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search