Chiropractor

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I've never been to a chiropractor, but I'm wondering if it's time to give it a try.

I'm having a lot of problems with one of my hips. I've had issues with it in the past thanks to a nasty fall on ice and had to do pt for a while with it. I basically feel like something is seriously out of alignment. It's a different pain from when I was pregnant. Even though I didn't have a vaginal delivery my hips obviously were preparing and went through changes. How long does it normally take for them to get back to normal?

At what point would you throw in the towel and go to get out checked out?

February 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Good question. I had a lot of hip and back pain in the last parts of pregnancy and while some is better, other things aren't. I have wondered if a chiro might help. No advice but looking forward to other thoughts?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 21st, 2013, 11:31 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a lot of hip pain during pregnancy and I think I'm going to go. I've gone to the chiro in the past and I loved it. I has neck and upper back issues and you have to go for a few weeks but I think it helped.

I just don't know when to go! I'm assuming after your cleared by the dr for normal activity you're fine right?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
February 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot of hip/neck/back problems from all my years of dancing and after my pregnancy and delivery of DS1 they were exacerbated. I waited for the pain to decrease but after a year postpartum I threw in the towel and started seeing a chiropractor. I am so glad I did! I started feeling better after the very first visit. I continued to see him during this pregnancy and went back for my first postpartum visit 3 wks after DS2 was born. It seriously has made a HUGE difference. I would advice looking into seeing a chiropractor to help realign things

i would choose who you decide to see based i on recommendations of friends, families, and acquaintances because like any other profession there are some really good chiros out there but the wrong one can really leave a bad impression and scare you away from seeing one.

February 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I adore my chiro, and think everyone should see one all the time! :-) I agree that you should try to go off of recommendations from people you know. I wouldn't wait to be cleared either... I know my chiro offered to come to my house within a week of the birth if I needed it and didn't want to take the baby out

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
February 21st, 2013, 11:40 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Thanks ladies! I've always been pretty anti chiropractor, but I'm starting to realize that this is a pain that would probably benefit from one. My hip being all messed up seems to be affecting my back too

Hubby goes to one, so maybe I'll call then next week.

February 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
Veteran
My chiropractor is wonderful too, I saw her all through pregnancy. I've seen her once postpartum and will go again today. She didn't adjust my hips first visit (2 weeks pp), she said it was good to let the uterus heal a little more, but I'm hoping she will today at 4 weeks pp.

I always feel better after a visit and I think staying adjusted through pregnancy has helped things stay aligned now pp - I feel a lot less soreness/pain than after other pregnancies.

I would look for a chiro that specializes in pregnant women and children if you can find one, he/she will have studied best how to treat you and he/she can adjust Max too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search