Super fussy, tons of spit-up

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, Lincoln has had a TERRIBLE day. I feel awful seeing him so miserable. He just screws up his face and cries and cries. And I have never seen so much spit-up. The past several nights have been awful too. It's obvious that his tummy is bothering him because I can hear it gurgle or make gassy sounds, and he will cry like it's hurting him, then he'll poot and be ok for a few minutes, then do it all over again.

He's been this way to some extent since birth, but the past couple of days have been SO much worse. What should I do? I can't stand for him to be this miserable. I'm bfing and I do know I had more cheese the past few days than normal, so that might be it. If he is sensitive to dairy (I was as a baby so it's possible), do I need to cut out every last bit of dairy or would it help to cut out most of it? I don't like most dairy anyway, it was just kind of a fluke that I had so much cheese yesterday and the day before. It would be hard to cut it ALL out though, and who knows if that is even the problem. I REALLY don't want to do a whole elimination diet but if he stays this bad I may have to. Ugh.

Oh, I did give him some gripe water (colic calm) today and it seemed to help. Both times I gave it to him he went from screaming to sleeping peacefully within minutes.

February 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
my first suggestion was gripe water, which you have done....i would try total elimination for a few days maybe?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Can't help you on the BF-ing part, but I can sympathize with you about having a bad super fussy day. Maybe it's the temp change. Hope you get some relief soon!

February 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Sounds like there's an issue there especially since you said it's been this way a while. Id continue with gripe water and try to eliminate the dairy. I don't bf but i know diet does have an effect on supply.

February 21st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could it be reflux? I would talk to the Dr and see what they think.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I will bring it up to the dr. and see what she thinks. He is better today, but last night was about the same. From 3am to 8am he cries and grunts and his face turns red. He eats off and on for those hours and is very gassy, then around 8 he'll finally poop (this morning was a huge explosive poop) then after that he's generally happier.

So far he isn't spitting up like crazy today. He's napping in his swing, but I did also give him the gripe water first thing this morning so maybe that helped. I'm going to try to cut out dairy and see if that helps.

Thanks for the input. My first two kids never even spit up and were never gassy, never had issues like this so I feel like a FTM with all of this! I didn't even have a bib or a burp cloth with me yesterday because I never needed those things before, lol.

February 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran
No joke when I say we have the same child! Right down to the breastfeeding, girgling belly, gas, colic calm remedy..etc. All I can say is that I thought number 3 was supposed to be easier...HA! In addition to that, the only things that have helped my little guy are baths...I actually get in the tub with him and let him be soothed by the warm water and white noise of the water running. Also, I got a nice baby carrier which he settes down when he is in it...it also allows me to nurse him if need be while he is in it. I, like you, am eliminating the dairy out of my diet. His worst days were when I was eating a few slices of provolone here or there for a snack! No more of that! The only thing that is different from our two, is I dont have the spit up issue as much...my first baby was constantly spitting up and the doctor did give me an Rx for Zantac which I never saw much of a difference with. Unfortunately, I think that with these babies, its time....I think their immature digestion just needs time to get situated, for the flora to develop and the gas to subside...until then...I TOTALLY feel you pain as a momma.....hang in there lady...this will pass??? Right??? LOL! PS I did consider probiotics....just not sure that it would completely cure the issue!
February 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran
PS...With the breastfeeding and gas, I did read that the LO(s) could be getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk when nursing and that the eliminating of Lactose has to be for two weeks before seeing results....I guess it takes that long for the proteins to get out of the milk supply. If you find a fix...let me know! PLEASE! For my SANITY! LOL!!! PPS...I think I just screwed myself out of my 3 minute window to take a shower by writing this...LOLOLOLO!
February 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, he seems better the past couple of days. I cut out as much dairy as I could (I don't really LIKE dairy anyway I just happened to eat a bunch of cheese last week because we had it here and I was hungry, lol). He's still really gassy and he cries about that, and he cries before he poops, but he isn't spitting up as much and he's not quite as fussy as he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcorso View Post
If you find a fix...let me know! PLEASE! For my SANITY! LOL!!! PPS...I think I just screwed myself out of my 3 minute window to take a shower by writing this...LOLOLOLO!
Haha I know what you mean. I am SO tired from his lack of sleep, but I know eventually this will get better. Like you said, it has to right!?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search