2 month vaccinations

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Veteran
Break my heart. Three shots in her little legs. I haven't heard her cry like that since she was born. She was over it in about 8 seconds, but still. Got them around noon. At about 6pm she started getting fussy and that lasted until 10:30pm. Slept normal, but has been more clingy today and just seems a bit wiped out. (poor thing!) I know her legs are tender, but I'm really glad that she got them, especially with an airplane trip coming up soon.

Who else is vaccinating?
February 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
We did ours last week. He had the 3 shots in his pudgy legs and the Rotateq drink which he took like a champ! But yes, the scream is bad. Fortunately he was due for naptime and he basically screamed for a few seconds and just passed out!

February 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I thought i'd be sending DH to do this but i just cant miss it. We're scheduled for shots March 7th.

February 24th, 2013, 03:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We are but we have another month yet. Baxter's vacs are scheduled for April 3. I already told DH to get the time off so he can come with me for emotional support

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 24th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy had them earlier this month. She was very sad but fell asleep shortly after. That evening/night she was fussy, especially if I accidentally put pressure on her thighs.
February 24th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Marshall goes the 11th of March. I hate seeing them cry but I know it's for the best and generally they're over it in just a few seconds. It's when they are bigger and start realizing what that needle means, that is the hardest!

Just make sure to give tylenol (your dr can tell you the correct dosage) about an hr before you go and then every 4hrs (read your bottle, it's been a while since I had to use it ) afterwards. It'll help alot! Oh and holding a warm wet rag to the injection site and making sure she moves her leg around helps a ton too!
February 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go in early April. Definitely not the funnest part of parenting..

February 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Josh's are scheduled for March 12. He has to get 4 and one nasal spray. I wanted daddy to do this one but he will be out of town. I am seriously dreding it!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
February 24th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope has hers tomorrow.

February 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I also have hers scheduled for March 12, I am REALLY not looking forward to it! I think Ill cry with her

February 25th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Expecting #1
Our appointment is March 1st. I'm not looking forward to it at all! I heard about the Tynelol thing so I will be trying that and hope it helps her.

February 25th, 2013, 03:39 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Mama2B View Post
I also have hers scheduled for March 12, I am REALLY not looking forward to it! I think Ill cry with her
That reminds me of when my niece got her ears pierced at 10 months. I cried more than her!

February 25th, 2013, 04:55 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
We are! Sophia has been getting stuck since she was born poor thing. We we came home from the hospital she was on the biliblanket because she had janudice and a nurse came ove every day for 4 days to stick her to check her levels.....she screamed and I felt so bad. She just had her 2nd round of hep B vaccinations 2 weeks ago and we go back on wednesdays so I am assuming that means more.....

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
We are only doing the vaccinations recommended by our doctor. He gave us a specific list of the ones David has to have, the rest (he said) are optional. So David won't be getting hit too hard with injections as an infant.

February 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia got 3 shots in her leg today and she also an oral vaccine too (that she didn't mind)...she screamed as well but for a while too....I felt sooo bad!!! Now, I am paranoid watching for a reaction. The dr said she can get a fever but not likely and that they don't recommend tylenol anymore for this age so just to call if it happens.....my poor baby!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Dee
We are vaccinating as well. He screamed something awful, but when I got him dressed and put him back in the sling he calmed down a little. He slept for the next day and a half, and was definitely more clingy.

About the Tylenol, our doctor said that we should NOT give him any pain killer or fever reducer before OR after the vaccinations, because it reduces the effectiveness of the antigens. This is not the first time I've heard this. Here's a WebMD article that summarizes the reasoning nicely:

Tylenol May Weaken Infant Vaccines

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search