Similac Sensitive

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By PickyNicki
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By MelibearMom
  • 1 Post By PickyNicki
  • 1 Post By MelibearMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Anyone else on Similac Sensitive?

Our pedi switched Sophia over to Similac Sensitive. She was on Enfamil NB and as she was always a little gassy her gas was getting worse and worse..unbearable for us and her So, after talking to my dr once again about her gas he switched us over. It has been more than 48 hours and so far barely any gas. We are however giving her gas drops at every feeding as well and we were doing this with the other formula too and it just was not helping her. So, Similac Sensitive with gas drops at every feeding seems to be helping so far. I want to slowly reduce the gas drops but I am going to wait to make sure she is doing ok with the formula before I do that. Her BM's are also not as runny and staying in the diaper, well she only had 2 so far so we will see. She is only going once a day now as compared to 1-3 times a day before. She really isn't complaing about anything....

So, the dr said if this formula does not work which he said he should but if not then we will go on Similac Alimentum which would mean she most likely has a cow's milk allergy so I am really hoping it dosen't get to that point......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker does have a cow's milk sensitivity my pedi thinks so we started using lactaid tablets before breastmilk feedings (and I cut out dairy on my end - torture) and now we use the Similac Sensitive. The formula works really well when we have to use it. He only has a BM once every day or two days and he is still gassy, but it's gotten better. We tried the Alimentum and warning, it smells and likely tastes like poo. Parke would not even take a sip of it! He may be a choosy baby, but I won't torture him with that again lol. Glad she is doing better so far!
mommysc2 likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I use Similac Sensitive with Clairre when I need to supplement. It was the best for my middle two also. The last two had sensitive tummies and spit up on everything else, so I just decided not to chance it with Clairre. The milk proteins are broken down more.
mommysc2 likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

February 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Are you ladies using the powder or RTF?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

February 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm using the powder. Also he definitely has at least one formula bottle a day (usually when we go out of the house) because I don't have much supply, and he does well with it. The only thing I do differently than it says on the container is that I shake it up in a separate container to reduce the amount of bubbles he drinks in his bottle. I'm assuming the alimentum is broken down so much that it makes it smell like crap too. Oh and there are a ton of coupons for the similac out there, I think you can get like a starter kit from their website? My husband did this and sent us a whole free kit with a bottle, thing of sensitive formula, a big thing of normal formula (that we'll be giving away), and a book of coupons. Definitely worth checking out!
mommysc2 likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
Hailey is on the sensitive formula and seems to do really well with it! I dealt with lots of spit up with DD1 and DS2 so I'm happy. She has a BM about every other day or so. I just bought the Parent's Choice version cause it's so much cheaper, so I hope it still works for her. I got the big free pack from Similac too and just took the big container to Walmart and exchanged it for the sensitive kind.

I'm so glad Sophia is doing better! Hopefully it continues!
mommysc2 likes this.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
February 24th, 2013, 07:09 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm using RTF since it is easier on the tummy and she's only getting 1-2 bottles a day. I get the box of 8 oz bottles so I don't have it open too long and its easy to throw in the bag to take along. If I were FF only, I'd do the powder. I used powder with the others as i ended up having to FF.
mommysc2 likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

February 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelibearMom View Post
I got the big free pack from Similac too and just took the big container to Walmart and exchanged it for the sensitive kind.
Oh this is such a good idea! We are definitely going to do this!

February 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Are you also giving gas drops in addition to the Sensitive formula? If so, how often? OR do you think the formula is enough?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

February 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
I only do gas drops if she is fussy and nothing else is working. But, she hasn't really had much of a problem with gas.
mommysc2 likes this.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search