How are you giving gas drops?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
For those of you with gassy babies.......

Are you giving the drops as needed or before each feeding?

What are you using? Gas Drops or Gripe Water?

If your baby is on a sensitive formula, do you feel you are still giving the drops as much as you were?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm giving Gripe water (colic calm brand) as needed. I'm wondering if I can do gas drops also or if it's an either/or thing, because he's still really having issues and I don't know what to do to help him.

February 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give gripe water as needed. Usually its after the feeding right before bed

February 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've used both and different times. I usually give them whenever she seems to need it.

February 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I was doing gas drops but then he got constipated. Does gripe water cause constipation like the gas drops?

February 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
We do gas drops when needed. MAYBE once a day. Occasionally more.
February 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Sophia started Similac Sensitive on Thursday night because she has gas, bad gas. It worked wonders for her and we were also giving her gas drops (little remedies) at every single feeding. Now today she is complaining by curling up her legs and straining, getting all red in the face...she hasn't pooped yet....do you think she can be like that because too much gas drops or do you think the sensitive isn't working? I mean it worked wonders for 3 days....

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

February 25th, 2013, 05:10 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Thats the problem I had with max. The gas drops worked wonderfully till they made him constipated.

February 25th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Are you giving the drops as needed or before each feeding? Before each feeding...

What are you using? Gas Drops or Gripe Water? Mylecon Gas Drops

If your baby is on a sensitive formula, do you feel you are still giving the drops as much as you were? Using Nutramagen Formula by Enfamil and using the same amount of gas drops as before.

February 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
We were giving Lauryn the gas drops before every feeding and it made her constipated as well, so I stopped giving them. I will give them to her if we need them now, but she seems to be doing pretty well on the Similac Sensitive.

The gas drops could definitely be causing her constipation issue. Lauryn did the same thing-- legs curling, crying, etc -- until she finally got a poop out.

If you can, I would try not giving them for a few days and see how she does. If she still needs them, then go back every other feed or just as needed depending on how bad she is.

Quote:
I'm giving Gripe water (colic calm brand) as needed. I'm wondering if I can do gas drops also or if it's an either/or thing, because he's still really having issues and I don't know what to do to help him.
You can use both, they are completely different ingredients. The gas drops are an anti-foaming agent, and the gripe water is usually a mix of herbal/natural things.

February 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Oh boy, I am having issues again!!

We stopped the gas drops since yesterday around 5pm. She woke up today in pain, straining, crying, getting all red just like she was before we switched to Sensitive. I gave her gripe water for the 1st time but only half the dose. It def calmed her right away but about 30 minutes later she started up again.....about 1 hour later she was farting like crazy and then pooped. It was very dark green...it has been that color since we have been on sensitve. Not as runny as usual but very very soft. She has been fine ever since......I wonder if she is having a hard time passing her bm's and when she does it comes out soft OR if she is also not tolerating this formula.....my dr said if this formula dosen't work we will try alimentum. I wonder if it was the gas drops or not...i would think it would have been out of her system already.........

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search