What is your favorite brand of diaper?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What diapers do you prefer?
Pampers (please include model - ie: swaddlers, etc.) 15 68.18%
Huggies 0 0%
LUVS 2 9.09%
Other (please list below) 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By RobynL
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By mrssws
  • 3 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By mojomama
  • 1 Post By PickyNicki

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
  • What is your favorite brand of diaper?
  • Why is it your favorite?
  • Do you have a boy or girl?
  • Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself?

February 27th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
•What is your favorite brand of diaper? Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies

•Why is it your favorite? I think Walmart Brand feels like paper, LUVS fit weird and are too thin as well White cloud is too thin now that DS1 is in size 1 and I don't shop at Target. For DS1 I've tried nearly every brand and always come back to the Huggies. Same for DS2 about Pampers.

Do you have a boy or girl? Boys

•Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? For DS1, Pampers leaks and don't hold much now that he's bigger. Never had a leak from the Huggies Movers. For DS2 the HUggies Snugglers have leaked some (had this prob with DS1 as a baby too) but the Pampers haven't.
Briar08 and Xtapolapocet like this.
February 27th, 2013, 03:30 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
[*]What is your favorite brand of diaper? Pampers Swaddlers[*]Why is it your favorite? It's the only one we have tried. It's what he wore in the hospital and they were very soft and seemed to work well. They still work like a charm![*]Do you have a boy or girl? Boy[*]Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself? I have only had 2 blowouts and 1 leak and both were due to user error
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 27th, 2013, 04:22 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite brand of diaper? Huggies
Why is it your favorite? Was my first with my first so just kept buying them this time around. Plus I like the huggies reward program (enjoy the ride)
Do you have a boy or girl? Boy
Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself? Probably self error, not 100% sure yet
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
February 27th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
•What is your favorite brand of diaper? Pampers Swaddlers

•Why is it your favorite? Doesnt leak and its softer then Huggies

•Do you have a boy or girl? Boy

•Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself? Nope. Huggies leak every time we used them. I will try them again when he gets bigger.
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
February 27th, 2013, 05:08 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Luvs has been the only diaper that will hold everything!!

•What is your favorite brand of diaper? LUVS

•Why is it your favorite? it is the only diaper that will hold everything, she has some really messy poop and it never ever leaked as compared to the other brands. It also is thin and dosen't bulk or blow up when wet like the other brands do esp having a full nights sleep.....

•Do you have a boy or girl? girl

•Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself?
NOPE!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
What is your favorite brand of diaper? pampers swaddlers
Why is it your favorite?No leakage
Do you have a boy or girl?boy
Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? no If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself
Xtapolapocet likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
•What is your favorite brand of diaper? Cloth.

I like them best because I don't have to buy anymore diapers unless there is cute fluff I just can't resist.

I just had to be difficult.

February 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I also have to be difficult and vote for cloth. Flannel flats, Thirsties old, sized fitted, and Green Mountain Diapers prefolds, with Thirsties Duo wraps or handmade wool on top.

But if you really want a disposable opinion, I like the Comforts brand sold at Kroger stores. Huggies always leak, Pampers and Luvs give me a headache with all the fragrance. I have both boys and girls, and have never had a leak with either gender that wasn't user error. Score one for store brands :-)
Xtapolapocet likes this.

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
February 27th, 2013, 05:19 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Pampers Swaddlers (&then Cruisers in the larger sizes) are my favorite. They are soft and durable ans they smell good. A lot of other brands are less substantial and kind of crunchy feeling. Others also get weird and saggy when wet. I've had a few blow outs, but only one since we went up a size.

If anyone is interested, Amazon has auto delivery and it makes them cheaper ( $.17). You can choose how often to deliver and change sizes whenever you want.
Xtapolapocet likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

February 27th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you for all of those who have posted/voted thus far! I am very new to this "Mom" gig and I don't know too much about these issues. We were sent home with Pampers Swaddlers, they were wonderful. Once we had exhausted the supply, we replaced them with the exact same size/style. As my husband was going through some of the things we had received from the baby shower, he ran across a pack of Huggies (same size) and we began using them. Almost immediately we began to have trouble with leaks. Twice they have leaked urine and the third incident was a 'code brown'. Today when I was changing David (again with Huggies) I noticed that the stool had started to soak through the diaper and had just about went over the 'lip' and out of the leg opening. Given the fact that no one wants to wear urine or defecation, I figured it was time to re-evaluate the diaper situation. Tonight we went and purchased another small package of the Swaddlers in Size 1. Since David has grown so much and (at last weigh in) is a mere 2 lbs. away from wearing Size 2 diapers, we don't want to have too many of the Size 1's on hand. We're hoping returning to the brand/style we were sent home with that we can avoid any more leaking/seeping issues moving forward.

Again, thank you ALL for your responses...it has been very helpful!!!!

February 28th, 2013, 06:31 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post
Pampers Swaddlers (&then Cruisers in the larger sizes) are my favorite. They are soft and durable ans they smell good. A lot of other brands are less substantial and kind of crunchy feeling. Others also get weird and saggy when wet. I've had a few blow outs, but only one since we went up a size.

If anyone is interested, Amazon has auto delivery and it makes them cheaper ( $.17). You can choose how often to deliver and change sizes whenever you want.
I saw this on Amazon and it is really great! Free Shipping too!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
February 28th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Dee
What is your favorite brand of diaper? Disposable: Seventh Generation. I'm still waiting for my cloth diapers to arrive.

Why is it your favorite? Good price, and holds everything very well.

Do you have a boy or girl? Boy. A very wet boy.

Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself?
I've had blow outs with Huggies (a gift from a friend) and Pampers (sent home with those from the hospital). I didn't see anything wrong with the way the diapers were applied, so I don't believe it was an error on my part.
February 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
What is your favorite brand of diaper?
THe Honest Company!!!!!! Check it out they have awesome design diapers for cheaper than Pampers if you do a monthly bundle!
https://www.honest.com/

Jessica Alba started it and it is environmentally friendly etc etc... You can get anchor diapers, skull and crossbones, leaves, hearts, stars... so so cute!

And they do a great job on the leakage! Pampers Swaddlers are my second fave.

Why is it your favorite? see above
Do you have a boy or girl? boy
Have you had a problem with leaks using your favorite brand of diaper? If so, was it due to an error in how the diaper was applied or was it due to the failure of the diaper itself? nope except when his peepee was aimed up!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search