We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
DH has his consult for the big snip snip on March 19th. It makes me sad to think about it. We both agreed to Peyton being our last when we decided to get pregnant a 3rd time and DH made me promise at the time to never ask for another baby again. (He wanted to be done with 2. I wanted a 3rd.)
I am still not sure I want a 4th, but I am not sure I am 100% ready to be done either. I don't know if it's the thought of this time of my life being over and moving on to the next stage that is preventing me from being 100% ok with it or if it is me wanting more children, but afraid to admit it.
I know that I have to honor my promise and DH's wishes as well, but still pretty sad that this is happening.
He would probably agree to not do it if I agreed to get another IUD, but he will never agree to another baby so I don't see the point in false hope or postponing it.
That's so hard I think it's really difficult to work out when one parent wants more and one doesn't, or even if you're just unsure, etc. My hubby is ready to get snipped but if I REALLY wanted another baby he would go along with it I think. I am POSITIVE I never want to be pregnant or give birth again, but it's still hard for me to make that final, permanent step. I am keeping adoption as an option though, I have always wanted to adopt and so that does make it a little easier.
I know exactly how you feel. Sophia was a HUGE suprise!! We were both done at 2 kids. When I was pregnant I was done as well. I even told my dr that if I ended up having a c-section then I wanted my tubes tied while I was open. Well I had a vaginal. As soon as she was born I had such a change of heart. I think I may want a 4th (wow, that sounds crazy) BUT my husband does not...he is 100% done but he dosen't want to get snipped. He wants me to go on some form of bc.
I would suggest maybe talking with him because you have to remember once he gets it done...that's it......if you are already feeling bad about it the feeling could get worse once he does it......I hope everything works out!!
Wife to Glenn
Sophia (9 months)