Yikes! Packing for a newborn

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
We have to head down to my parents for a day and a half for my grandmas funeral so I'm trying to pack a bag for max. Holy moly I can't believe what a process it is!! Do I have enough diapers? Do I have enough sleepers? How many bottles? Got the formula separated for feeding on the fly? No wonder I'm so over packed!! Moby or mei tai? Why not pack both!?

My husband is going to totally make fun of me...

February 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ugh, I can't even imagine! I think about what I go through just to go to the Safari Park for a couple hours!

My philosophy (which DH hates, btw) is always overpack, and bring more than you need. Then you'll be all set

I am very sorry for your loss

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry about your grandma

Whenever I pack little one for a trip I always think of Kirstie Alley in Look Who's Talking when she's trying to hail a cab and is loaded down with so much baby crap that she can't lift her arm! I always overpack.....

February 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! Everytime we go anywhere we bring one suitcase for dh and I to share, and 2 suitcases for the kiddos! Kids have way too much stuff! But, better safe than sorry!

Also I am very sorry for your loss...

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
February 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so sorry about your grandma

I ALWAYS over pack. It is so much better to be over prepared than to go somewhere and realize you forgot something. DH used to make fun of me until we were out somewhere and I had everything that Leo needed now he is all for me doing the packing

February 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your grandma, we had to do the same thing for my grandpa's funeral last week.

We just make sure we have the essentials, enough clothes (plus extra for accidents), something for the baby to sleep in (rock n play for Taylor), if you run out of diapers you can always pick up more, the other things we needed was Sean's blankie and paci's (he can't sleep without them), and a couple soft blankets for Taylor. I took the Ergo, but didn't end up using it because so many people wanted to hold Taylor that I barely saw her during the visitation and funeral.

Funny thing is, I remember our first trips with Sean, and we packed WAY more stuff!!

February 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
We have to head down to my parents for a day and a half for my grandmas funeral so I'm trying to pack a bag for max. Holy moly I can't believe what a process it is!! Do I have enough diapers? Do I have enough sleepers? How many bottles? Got the formula separated for feeding on the fly? No wonder I'm so over packed!! Moby or mei tai? Why not pack both!?

My husband is going to totally make fun of me...
First, please accept my deepest condolences at the loss of your Grandmother. I lost my Grandmother in 2003 and it was one of the most devastating losses I have endured in my thirty-three years of life.

Below is a link I found online called "Have Baby Will Travel - The Mother of All Packing Lists". The link provided contains information on every item you should conceivably need for the time you'll be away from home. There is another portion of the page which contains a "Carry On Packing List", that should help you with what you may need for your flight.

Hope this helps!!

Have Baby Will Travel: The Mother of All Packing Lists

February 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Expecting #1
Sorry for your loss. I usually overpack as well, but better be safe than sorry!

February 27th, 2013, 10:57 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Thanks you everybody for the condolences. It's sad, but a blessing. She had a stroke on my second birthday and had been in a wheelchair and in a nursing home ever since. She fought a long fight. But shes with my grandfather again and enjoying the afterlife, I'm sure.

Now I'm so glad I over packed! It's so weird trying to do our routine away from home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search