Hot Mess Baby

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jmcorso
  • 1 Post By missadie222

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't remember who said this, but someone said that babies can hit a fussy period sometime around 7-8 weeks and HOLY MOLY we are there. 8 weeks on the spot yesterday through today, Vivi has pretty consistently been a hawt mess. She is either asleep or crying. I thought we started today good with a walk but since yesterday she has either been starving or wanting to eat but not taking down her full 4 oz or only taking 2 and then spitting up or acting hungry and acting like she has never seen a bottle before. We literally haven't made any changes to her routine or the bottle she uses, formula, etc and she has been a disaster. She is passing gas and pooping and peeing, she doesn't feel warm, I've done almost everything I can think of. The only thing that is keeping her calm is wearing her but I'd like to go to sleep tonight although I'm not sure that will happen at the rate we are going.

Any mommy advice? Anyone else go through this? Does it sound like a Dr call? I mean she is eating just not as much as usual and besides the fussiness nothing seems out of wack. I think it might be a combo of random fussiness and an upset tummy, but I just hope it ends! WAH

February 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marshall hit this the beginning of last week I think it was. So fussy, I'd fix his normal 4oz bottle but it'd take him over an hr to drink because he take an ounce, sleep or look around then want more. Then he got to where he was doing 2oz every hr to two hrs. I was going crazy!!!! It was like I was constantly on the couch feeding him because of how wonky his schedule got not wanting to finish a bottle so then he was hungry alot. He's finally back to his normal self think goodness!!! I rememeber DS1 hitting a fussy stage about 6wks and reading that it was normal. His only lasted about a week too even though I've read it can last longer.

Hope you get some sleep tonight! Unfortunatly theres nothing you can do except what you've tried. Unless someone is keeping a secret some where lol
February 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker went through an awful fussy stage at right between 7 and 8 weeks that there was really nothing we could do about. Cuddles and time I think are the best option, Parker's passed in a few days, hang in there mama!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

February 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks ladies! Luckily she's a great night sleeper but its been a bit off lately just with her fussiness and I don't want to keep her up during the day because when she is up she is crying! She's done two major bowel movements today so in hoping some of the fussiness is related to that.

February 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran
Totally normal from everything I have read and experienced with my three LO(s). Sometimes it is a growth spurt, other times it is the developing flora in their gut that makes them super gassy. I have also read that their peak crying time is between 6-8weeks. My little guy was so gassy and almost colicky about a week and a half ago. It was rough, but we are working through it. I am EBF and have eliminated dairy out of my diet which has seemingly improved things or maybe its just coincidence. Hang in there, it does get better after this stage!
MammaWannaBe likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah Kingston has been the same way totally fussy for no reason usually the time DH gets home. He has been wanting to be held more often too and ever time I put him to sleep at night in his bassinet he starts squirming like crazy...totally not normal for him. I hope it passes soon for us both!

February 28th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Dee
Yes to this! My peaceful baby about lost it at 9 weeks, all of the sudden. It happened to coincide with his 2 mo. shots - he slept for a day and half afterwards, and since then has been eating less, and if he's not sleeping he's almost always fussing or crying. He still sleeps in his bassinet, but I basically carry him in the sling all day just to help him feel some peace.

I am trying to put him down once he falls asleep so he's not totally dependent on the swing, I am trying to keep him occupied when he is awake, and I am not worrying about whether he's eating enough. I'm feeding him what he'll take when he seems hungry, and as long as he's not starving I'm not going to worry about counting ounces right now.

I'm waiting to see if this is colic setting in, or maybe just a growth spurt? His reflux has been a little worse lately, too, which would certainly explain his fussiness.
February 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
OH shoot. My guy is 7 weeks and we are there too maybe?! He had explosive diahrrea tonight it was so so awfuL!!!!!!

Oh please let this pass quickly, I need the encouragement of a quiet happy smiling baby that is starting to communicate!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

March 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh yes. I'm SO glad you mentioned about her acting like she'd never seen the bottle too because Linc does this and I can't really let anyone else feed him because they think he's not hungry, but he IS, he's just being super weird about the bottle for some reason. He almost never finishes a bottle right now, he takes a couple ounces then cries or falls asleep and is back at it a few minutes later. I was in tears yesterday by the time my hubby got home and I just said "here" and handed him Linc the minute he walked in the door. I'm having issues with my two older kids too and it's just almost too much, but I just keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

Hugs mama, we will get to calmer waters soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcorso View Post
] I am EBF and have eliminated dairy out of my diet which has seemingly improved things or maybe its just coincidence.
I'm doing this too and I hope to see some improvement soon. I gave him soy formula for a couple of days and the difference was incredible, at least until he got super constipated from the formula. I just wanted to see if it would make a difference so I wasn't planning on staying on the soy anyway, now we are back to breastmilk and I've cut out all dairy but it's only been a couple of days so far and I know it takes several days to see a change. How long before you noticed an improvement?

March 1st, 2013, 07:34 AM
MaryBeth- I'm sorry you're having a tough time but I have to say it is reassuring to know that I am not alone and other people are going through this. Same thing here with the bottle, it's so discouraging and then I get upset because it's hard to see her just so out of her mind upset. I'm afraid she is in pain and I do think some of it is gas related, which I am dealing with, but other than that I think it's just fussiness.

Vivi''s reflux has also been acting up. Lots of spit up. I've decided it's jammies all day today because I'll just have to change all day anyway with all this spit up. I'm definitely taking a shower when hubby is done with work!

The one thing I did find that worked for a bit was putting her in a warm bath and using that Johnson and Johnson bathtime suds. It smelled really nice and she seemed to be ok with it, maybe even happy? lol. Afterwards she had a really big bowel movement (not in the bath!) and I think that helped move some things along. Other than that I am just wearing her and blasting music. It's all I can really do.

I miss my happy smiley baby that although cried, didn't spend all her waking hours crying. I feel bad wanting her to sleep all the time, but she isn't happy when she is awake and it's totally draining. I am lucky that I am getting enough sleep at night though. She went down at 10:45 for DH, got up at 3:15 to actually want to eat for me and a diaper change, then back up at 7:30am for a feeding, so it could be worse overnight (knock on wood that doesn't get worse!)

Hope everyone has a better day. Let's just take it an hour at a time and this too shall pass (soon! I hope!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search