Idea I Had (Pinterest Based)

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies

So I just had an idea (I'm always thinking social media and broader since it's what I do for a living!). I know we want to do a sub forum for recipes and exercises to help us eat healthy and tone up so we can be hot mommas, but I also had an idea that we could do on Pinterest. I know a lot of you ladies use Pinterest and a lot of us even follow each others boards. I was thinking that one of us (I'd volunteer) could start a Community Board and invite the JM ladies onto it and have one for Recipes and one for Exercises. The idea being that we find recipes that sound good and healthy and we pin them so we can easily share with the rest of our group. Then, if someone decides to try it, they can comment on it and let us know how it went and so if someone else was thinking of trying it, they know it's good. We can also suggest substitutions, etc.

I don't want to take away from the sub forum idea, because I think that is also a good idea and a lot of us have recipes that are from a book or that we came up with that we can just type away and share, but I just thought it could be a good idea since I know if someone shares with me a link to a recipe on here, I am just going to Pin It so I remember it when I am looking for something new to cook.

We could also do this with exercises.

Anyway let me know if this is a yay or nay and if it's a yay I totally volunteer to get this going and will share my Pinterest name (or DM it to people) so that anyone who wants to can get involved.

For those social media shy, Pinterest is sort of like a really organized online scrapbook where you can bookmark things you find online onto category specific boards with a visual to remind you what you "pinned". It's very visual and very helpful. Also you don't need Facebook or anything to join, so if you are anti that kind of social media, you can still avoid it.
JennyBaby2013 and LovelyMama like this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 07:25 AM
Expecting #1
Great idea! I'm always looking for new recipes but Pinterest is daunting because there is just so much and I would spend more time on there and less time cooking! if it was all pinned already with suggestions that would be so helpful and I wouldn't fall into the black hole that is Pinterest

March 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Great idea! I'm always looking for new recipes but Pinterest is daunting because there is just so much and I would spend more time on there and less time cooking! if it was all pinned already with suggestions that would be so helpful and I wouldn't fall into the black hole that is Pinterest
I do that sometimes where I pin a ton of stuff and never go back! I am pretty good at going back for cooking though, I try a new recipe a week and have honestly found some awesome stuff through Pinterest.

Any other thoughts from other mamas? Should I go ahead and start it?

March 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Sounds like a great idea! I've tried getting on there but it always says I need to be invited, which doesn't work because I've had people try it. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong) but when I'm logged onto FB it lets me look at things from other ppls post so idk if that means I have one from FB or something?
MammaWannaBe likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Sounds like a great idea! I've tried getting on there but it always says I need to be invited, which doesn't work because I've had people try it. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong) but when I'm logged onto FB it lets me look at things from other ppls post so idk if that means I have one from FB or something?
You may have created one via FB because I'm positive I'm following you. Try going to Pinterest.com and hit log on with Facebook and see if that works

March 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Do it! Love this idea!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I went there and just clicked the log in button and it automatically signed me in so I guess I have one. Not sure what my user name is though, i'll have to look through my stuff.
March 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Ok I am getting it started. Invite anyone and if you want to know my Pinterest name to find me, PM me and I'll send it!

Ok just created the board and added who I could remember off the top of my head that I follow on Pinterest. Also pinned a recipe as an example of something I have actually tried (and is delish!)

Happy Pinning (If this goes well we can do an exercise one at another point)
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This sounds like a great idea I dont follow pinterest but i am interested in joining. Is there anything special I have to do to get on it? Do i have to be invited or anything???

March 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
This sounds like a great idea I dont follow pinterest but i am interested in joining. Is there anything special I have to do to get on it? Do i have to be invited or anything???
You can just sign up! go to Pinterest.

You can even login with Facebook to make it easier, or set up a separate account using your email address and then create a username. It's super easy. If you set it up let me know!
nursingmama likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 06:46 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh, me, me! How do I get to this board?

March 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joellejello View Post
oh, me, me! How do I get to this board?
We're friends on FB right? Find me on Pinterest and follow me and I will invite you to pin on this community board!

March 2nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
We're friends on FB right? Find me on Pinterest and follow me and I will invite you to pin on this community board!
I folllow you
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I signed up!!!! Now to try and figure Pinterest out...
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Just added you both!
joellejello likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 06:17 AM
LovelyMama's Avatar Veteran
Location: Military Wife ~ living everywhere my hubby is needed :-)
Yay!! Great idea ;-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search