May Have Found My Outlet!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I've really been struggling with transitioning into this pseudo stay at home mommie/working minimally part time roll. I don't have friends around that are home during the day and I want to have more to do with Vivi than just going for walks and sitting in the house. I wanted to take yoga or do something for me, but I would need childcare. I also wanted to look into mommy and me classes with Vivi but everything around is so expensive.

Anyway I found an awesome YMCA in the area and I never realized that they offer free childcare for up to 2 hours during the day! The class schedules are awesome and they have plenty of yoga/pilates classes. Then, when she is older we can do mommy and me swim classes plus my DH knows the director so I'm hoping we could either get a deal on membership OR if I get my lifegaurd certs up to date I could get back into giving swim lessons and maybe make some money/get free membership that way.

Just wanted to share because I feel REALLY excited about it. I've felt like I've been in a rut the past 3 weeks because I feel ready to move around and get out, but I have nowhere to go and not a lot to do. I am working part time, but honestly it's hard to work from home and take care of the baby! I need something to do for me while the baby can be cared for plus I hope I can meet other mama's and make friends that way

Going to check out the facilities next week! Fingers crossed it all looks great and that it works into our budget!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Yay I'm glad you found something you like! Our y also has the childcare option, but I'm still debating dropping our membership. It's gotten too expensive.

March 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That's awesome! We are going to look into our local Y as well. When I was a baby my mom said I loved my mommy and me swimming class. I am so hoping to do that!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 2nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
Expecting #1
That sounds great! Hopefully, you like the facility and t woks for you. Love mommy and me sim classes. When I was in high school and college, I taught a mom & tots swim class, it was so cute to see all the happy babies in the water

March 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Glad you found something! Hope it works out for you guys!

I've thought about doing the mommy and me swim class with DS1 at our Y but not sure if I want to pay for the non membership price and I won't be getting a membership there anytime soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search