Stuffy noses

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I don't know if my poor little guy has a cold or if hes just extra congested right now. Hes always been pretty stuffy since he was born, but today it's been worse and he had a pathetic little cough.

So what do you ladies do to help relieve congestion?

March 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nasal saline (Little Remedies brand) and the Baby Comfy Nose booger sucker.

For the nasal saline I've got a SinuCleanse Kids Mist sprayer that's so much nicer/easier than doing drops. Got both from Amazon.

March 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Ok I've got the little remedies stuff, but I'm totally scared to use it! Do you just squirt it up their nose?

March 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I didn't like squirting it up there because I couldn't tell how much was going in so I just lay her on her back and tilt her head a little and put in a few drops. But I hate doing that too because then it just goes straight to her mouth. That's why I bought the mister for the saline spray.

When the dr does it though he just squirts it. The harder you have to squirt it means they are pretty congested. I'd put some in his nose, wait a little while and then see if it has loosened anything to suction out.

March 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia has also had a stuffy nose since birth, some days are worse than others. Make sure the heat is not on too high because the dryness irritates their nose. I use Little Remedies Saline Spary. Just "lightly" squirt in their nose.

My doctor also does not recommend a nasal aspirator as it can further irriate their nose.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do the little remedies as well. It's hard to know if you are doing enough and I feel so bad when I know I overdo it (be prepared for screaming) but that coupled with the nasal bulb is what my doctor suggested. Max probably has some post nasal drip from his congestion hence the cough.

Also, you could try a humidifer to help get some moisture in the air to open his nasal passages. Our dr told us to get a cool mist humidifier as opposed to a warm mist, not really sure why, but that could help as well. I'm running it in our living room for the both of us to get some relief but also have it near her crib at night. I found this great one at babies r us (they are having a 15% off humidifier sale) and it's by Homedics and it's really cool and comes with different air jet settings as well as options for playing white noise. Great buy in my opinion!

March 4th, 2013, 06:02 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
saline, then suck it out with a nosefrieda. seriously, it seems grodie, but works 1000x better than a bulb.

March 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
We have a humidifier in our bedroom and in the living room. I swear we have the driest house out there.

Tomorrow maybe I'll have the courage to try the drops. I bought then weeks ago, but for some reason using them freaks me out!

March 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joellejello View Post
saline, then suck it out with a nosefrieda. seriously, it seems grodie, but works 1000x better than a bulb.
Yup, exactly this. Our saline is a mist, very gentle and he doesn't mind it one bit!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 5th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post

Yup, exactly this. Our saline is a mist, very gentle and he doesn't mind it one bit!
Which saline brand I'd you get? I can't I'd a mist. I've got the SinuCleanse Kids Mist so I don't really red another but I'm curios!!

March 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post

Which saline brand I'd you get? I can't I'd a mist. I've got the SinuCleanse Kids Mist so I don't really red another but I'm curios!!
I use Arm & Hammer for baby. Actually, we all use and love it!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search