First Baby Cold :(

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I knew it would happen eventually, but Vivi has her first cold. Last week she was super fussy and I thought it was just a fussy period that can happen between 6-8 weeks, but then Friday night I thought her cry sounded different and more hoarse, then overnight she started to develop a cough and obvious congestion so I called the Dr and brought her in for a Sat A.M. appointment. Luckily the cough isn't in her chest, but she has a sinus cold. The Dr. recommended saline drops in her nose and the bulb to pull them out as well as using a cool mist humidifier and keeping her elevated when she sleeps and during the day.

So, today is Monday and we've been doing all of this and I would say she is just the same, no better no worse, maybe even gunkier in her nose. She still has an appetite, but isn't back to her normal 4 oz. On a good feeding she'll take down 3 oz and I think she's hungry enough, it's just dairy mixed with all that phlem build up just causes her to cough even more so it's like a catch 22 to either be hungry or to get some formula in her belly, but it irritates her throat. Oh and the boogers! She's a snot machine and just "adores" the nasal bulb and drops.

I really just feel run down (plus I totally have her cold as well). I'm just so spent trying to take care of her and feeling like I'm failing. I can't make it better and those coughs that just seem to shake her little body are KILLING me. I feel like I'm coughing and suffering along with her, I hurt for her

I know I can't prevent every cold, but I feel so bad that she is sick. I also feel like "what should I do?" Should I call the Dr back and say it's not better or ride it out another day? I know her body needs to learn to fight off infection and colds so I don't want to rush to get her on medicine, but it's so hard listening to her feel crummy that it makes me want to cry with her!

I'm thinking I should keep monitoring and call tomorrow if it's still no better. Any thoughts mamas?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search