Update: Baby has RSV :(

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Xtapolapocet
  • 1 Post By Jules_loves_beaches
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I decided to bring the baby to the Dr. again tonight and it turns out she has a little fluid behind her ears and she has RSV or Bronchilitis (not Bronchitus) which is I guess scary terms for a really bad cold. The Dr. thinks we are in the worst of it and that she should get better in the next few days and her congestion should peter out and breathing will get easier. Apparently the cough will linger for a few weeks though

I feel so terribly bad and guilty. I know that there is not much I could have done to prevent it, but I just keep second guessing every time I took her out or had her around people or just everything I've done. I know she needs to build up her immune system and we caught it early so it's not serious (it's not like she is wheezing or has a fever) but it's just so hard to see her feeling so sick and miserable. The coughs just seem to shake her whole body.

So just keep her in your thoughts please and that she gets better. It's a tough week too because my DH has to be in the office and working nights so I'm home alone till 10pm tomorrow and it's really just a difficult time.

Thanks for letting me ramble ladies!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Poor lil thing. Praying for a speedy recovery for her!

March 4th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Meredith! I have been so afraid of RSV. I hope she feels better soon! I will be thinking of her and praying for a speedy recovery!

March 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Dee
Oh no, the poor thing!

Please don't beat yourself up over this. RSV is so common, and so easy for babies to get, you would have to put yourself in a bubble to avoid it. I'm glad they caught it, and hopefully she's feeling better soon.
March 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor dumplin. I hope she is feeling all better soon. Don't beat yourself up mama. Lincoln had an ugly little cold at just 4 weeks old and I think he may be getting another one now, ugh, but like you said they're building their immunities. You're doing everything right, it's just that time of year. Hugs!

March 5th, 2013, 03:09 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 5th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How was your night? How is she doing today? Hope she gets better soon.

March 5th, 2013, 05:46 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
So sorry. I hope she feels better real soon!!! And you too!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Poor babe! Hope she feels better soon.

March 5th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I saw this on FB, poor Vivi, poor mommy!!!! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Lucy is vaccinated against RSV, I guess as a preemie it could be a really big deal. She did catch "bronchiolitis" a few months back and it was no fun at all. The cough really lingered. Hoping you girls have a good day of rest at home.
March 5th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry. Ill be praying for a speedy recovery.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
March 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
LadieBug- I think technically it is bronchiolitis but I'm not sure. All I kept hearing is "baby is sick" and just felt so so so bad.

Last night was ok. She went down around 10 and slept till 4am (she's a good sleeper) but the bottle was hard going down and she was upset because she's hungry but the formula hurts her throat and makes her cough which makes her spit up a LOT (both V and I did 4:30am clothing changes). She went back down around 6am, slept till 7:15, cried a bit, coughed, slept till 8:15am and has been pretty fussy today. I did get some relief though because on Tuesdays I have a meeting for a client I work for and use the other time my MIL is here to help to actually get work done without bouncing a baby, so although I'm tired, it was much needed relief. I'm just trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that tomorrow is another day and that although my DH isn't home till 10pm tonight, tomorrow my mom comes in during the afternoon and I can literally collapse then and get some much needed extra hands so I can just rest and try and get rid of my cold that I now have as well.

I'd say today Vivi is pretty much like yesterday although maybe a little less congested. She is fussy, but seems to be ok if I wear her. She's just a sick little thing who wants to snuggle with her momma, whic I am happy to do. I hope she keeps getting better and that tomorrow we see more improvement. What stinks is that the cough will linger for awhile and that is what sounds the worst and effects her the most

March 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Awww poor baby. Hopefully she will start feeling better before long and that you can shake your cold as well! xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 6th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, the poor baby!!!

This is peak season for RSV (Late Winter/Early Spring). I know I have been paranoid about David getting sick. My mom has bronchitis, I am sick and now my hubby is getting sick. I've been spraying Lysol in the air and sanitizing every surface possible to prevent him from getting sick.

Sweetie, you can't blame yourself. These things are hard to prevent. It doesn't mean we don't suffer watching them in misery, but please don't blame yourself. I will be praying for her speedy recovery and for you as well. You'll get through this and so will she. The doctor had us get a cool mist vaporizer, it helps baby breathe easier. Maybe you could purchase one of those to help the little one sleep a little more comfy.

MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Expecting #1
Aww, hope you and Vivi feel better soon!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Well I went to the Dr today for me (I finally realized that maybe I was sicker than I thought)...turns out I have an upper resp infection....lovellyyy. I wanted to let my body fight the infection itself, but with a sick baby, I want to get better so we are not sharing germs and so that she can get better as well. We both did some steam therapy today to help clear our passages and just trying to get fluids and get better.
Xtapolapocet likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you both feel better soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search