Zumba

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By KerryJo
  • 1 Post By minalyn
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By Jules_loves_beaches
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By nursingmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Anyone ever taken a class? Is it really as hard as it looks?

It looks like fun but I'm not good AT ALL at dancing plus I'm out of shape so I don't want to look like an idiot and not be able to do the stuff. I know if I go to several classes I'll eventually start learning the dance moves (they do the same dances every week) but I'm nervous that I'll be the only new one in there and everyone will be laughing at me lol.
March 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I am a zumba addict!!! Pre pregnancy I used to do it 2-3 times a week. It's a fun and great workout. It'll take a couple of classes to learn the routines but in my experience no one will laugh at you for being the new person. I'm hoping to get the ok on thursday to start exercising again and start my class on monday!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Super Mommy
I love Zumba. I am actually going tonight. Its not hard after you go to a few classes. It is really repetitive, usually in counts of 4 and also really depends on the instructor. I like the toning classes the best.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

March 5th, 2013, 06:43 PM
One of the employees at the gym suggested if I was feeling nervous I could go workout during a class so that I can watch them to see if I would like to join. I might do that tomorrow and if I decide to, join in next Wednesday.
March 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Zumba is awesome! Definitely takes a few classes but you'll work up a sweat. I have it on Wii but it was always awkward because we have carpet.

March 6th, 2013, 04:57 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I took Zumba a few times. It is fun and you will sweat!! I also felt the same because I had no clue but you catch on eventually........

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 6th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Expecting #1
I've been wanting to try Zumba too. They just started a class at my work gym, but im super nervous because then ill be dancing in front of coworkers. I have an image of how I look when dancing, but in reality I probably look far different than the sexy, graceful dancer I think I am! I am going to have to find someone else who has never done it before to go with me! Let me know how you like it it!

March 6th, 2013, 06:27 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Just focus on the fact that you may look goofy, but everybody else looks goofy too! I always tried to get my step daughter to go with me but she was always embarrassed that she'd look dumb and that people would be looking at her. I always told her that in a class of 50 people what makes her think people would pick her out to laugh at?

March 6th, 2013, 09:32 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I took a Zumba class at the dare of one of my friends a couple of years ago (she dared me to try that, I told her I would if she did spin with me). I am HORRIBLY uncoordinated, and found it challenging to get the moves, but honestly, nobody cared one single bit, and I had a ball. I never did get it right, but it was a heckuva workout, and if I would have stuck with it, I would have figured out the moves and loved it!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I've been trying to get ahold of my friend to go with me. Figured it might make me feel less nervous to have someone go with me but I can't get ahold of her. She works nights so she's pretty much non existent anymore :/

Doesn't look like I'll get down there to workout today and watch the class. My wisdom teeth are coming in and it's making ALL of my teeth hurt Thank goodness I am getting them out next Wednesday.
March 6th, 2013, 12:56 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
I've been trying to get ahold of my friend to go with me. Figured it might make me feel less nervous to have someone go with me but I can't get ahold of her. She works nights so she's pretty much non existent anymore :/

Doesn't look like I'll get down there to workout today and watch the class. My wisdom teeth are coming in and it's making ALL of my teeth hurt Thank goodness I am getting them out next Wednesday.
Totally off topic but I hate wisdom teeth :/ 3 out of 4 of mine came in over the last 2 yrs and they are driving me crazy lately... but I hate the dentist and dont wanna get them pulled.

Now on topic lol I wish I was part of a gym so I could take Zumba! I love to dance and it has always looked like so much fun Let us know how you like it

March 6th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Omg I know! Only one of mine is through the skin so I have to go to an oral surgeon to get them cut out I'm really nervous because I have a super small mouth so I'm afraid they'll break my jaw or something tryin to get them out! But I'm ready to get them out, about a month ago they started hurting soo bad that I was crying and I didn't even cry when I was in labor, so that's how bad it hurt!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search