2 month well child visit

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By minalyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Well I'm growing a giant! At birth Evan was 8 lbs 4 oz 22 1/2 inches and he is now 8 weeks 3 days and 12 lbs 11oz and 25 3/4 inches!! They measured him 3 times and went off the average of 25 inches. His height is 99 percentile. DH is 6'2" and my dad was 6'6". Yup definitely going to take advantage of his height when it comes time to sports. He got 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Poor baby, nothing a bottle couldn't fix. He passed out by the time I got him to the car.

The Dr seemed a little concerned about his head. She mentioned the back, obviously he's got a bald spot and it's a tiny bit flat. She said something like it's nit common at this age and I'm thinking what? He sleeps on his head all day. Also at the front if his head I guess the skull is overlapping instead of combining but she said it would go away/even out.

We asked a lit if questions, DH wouldn't have had any if he would listen to me sometimes. I learn a lot from you ladies but he'd rather hear it from a pro I guess. DH wants to give Evan cereal in bottle and the DR shot that down, thank God. Just because his parents did it to him doesn't mean we should do it to out son. Shoot Evan slept 6 hours last night! He just has a bad night/day every now and again. DH acts like if Evan can't be fixed within 5 minutes than something is wrong. Crazy first time dad I guess, lol.

Other than that my little man is perfect. He starts daycare Monday and he got in on base, thank God. Guess I'll be sneaking over on my lunch breaks

March 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
My LO was in the 90% at her last check, but we took her in for Thrush, not at her two month, so they didn't check height. I'm worried I'm overfeeding her. She is sooo chubby!

I'm using our base CDC here, and we really like it, but it's still heartbreaking!
March 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Expecting #1
Glad you got into the base daycare!

March 7th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Did you give him anything for pain before your appointment?

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
March 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just had Kingstons shots done yesterday. He was totally fine afterward and fell asleep in the car on the way home. He didn't start to actually feel the pain from the shots until abut 4 hours later. It was so sad he was screaming his head off! We gave him children's Tylenol and he finally fell asleep after about 30 min or so. It was so sad, but I'm not sure what I could have done to make it less painful. Maybe next time I will give him some Tylenol when we get home to try to prevent him feeling the pain from the shots. ..

So I am curious to see what others did for the pain and when they did it?

March 8th, 2013, 02:37 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I didn't give him anything before because i didn't know his weight so i couldn't give an accurate dose. He slept from 1015-145 and then when DHgot home around 5 we gave him Tylenol.he sleptfrom 730-145am and is snoozing right now just fine.

March 8th, 2013, 08:01 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I want to watch this thread for ideas. Bax has his 2 month shots in a few weeks so will be looking for ideas.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search