Nuvaring

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I had my postpartum appointment today. I'm all cleared to resume a normal life, although shes concerned about my thyroid. I've been having random low grade fevers and she thinks it might have something to do with it. I forget why.

We discussed BC options too. I had spent the past 15 years on the pill and most recently seasonelle. I had no problems with it but I was worried with life being a more hectic I might forget all about it. So I decided to go with a 3 month trial of nuvaring. If I decide I don't like it I'll try minera.

Anybody else been on nuvaring?

March 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I've never had it, but this posting gives me a good idea for a BC spin-off thread
March 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Ugh nothing good came from nuva ring here. It completely took away my sex drive. When i ran out in October 2011 i just decided not to go back on. My drive was gone forever. Just now am i having intercourse because i actually want it. That's why I'm opting for paragard this time around.
I guess one good thing is if you leave it in for 4 weeks instead of 3 you don't get a period.

March 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
I tried it and it messed with my hormones bad. DH pretty much said we needed another option or we would get divorced (him being sarcastic). I went on the Mirena and had it in 3 years before getting it taken out to have conceive Shelby. I just had it placed back in last week.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

March 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I used it a while back and looking back I think it made me a royal b*tch. I blame it on my mood swings which caused a major issue in our relationship at the time... but then again, it was just a rough time in general, so it may not have been the ring at all. Other than my mood (which I can't say for certainty was cause by the ring or other issues at the time) it was great. And I loved not having to think about it other than to check it's position periodically.

I also had Mirena and I will never have it again. I had it taken out maybe a year later because I just couldn't stand it anymore.

This time around I may try the ring again, or I may ask about Implanon. Likely I will try the ring, and if I hate it then see about the other.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search