Birth control

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What method of birth control do you plan on using?
The pill 5 20.00%
Condoms 5 20.00%
Depo shot 1 4.00%
Nuvaring 1 4.00%
Pull out 2 8.00%
NTNP 0 0%
Rythym method 1 4.00%
Other 6 24.00%
None 3 12.00%
Undecided 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 2 Post By mrssws
  • 4 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Spin-off poll: What kind of birth control do you plan on using? Your answers can be anonymous if you wish.
March 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I'm getting the Paragard tomorrow Nervous about how it will do with my body since the Mirena made me gain 30lbs.
March 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
depo - got shot at 6 week follow-up

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
March 7th, 2013, 07:59 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a combo of condoms and charting. I just don't want to go back on the pill, adjust to that, and then have to worry about coming off of it to try for #2 when I know we are most likely going to start trying in another 2 years. I figure since we know we will have a second, a mistake wouldn't be that bad

But not for awhile...dear god lol

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paraguard in 2 wks... although DH told me yesterday that he is rethinking us waiting 4 yrs to have another and instead thinks we should have all our kids close together and wants to start trying in 9 months I need a few more months to recover before I can even contemplate that happening
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just started the pill again this weekend. It was weird,it had been over a year and a half since I had taken anything!

We would like another one but not for a few years. I do not want any surprises especially not this soon!

March 8th, 2013, 01:19 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm testing out the nuvaring but I'm keeping my options open. Next option is iud. Originally I had planned on charting, but now I'm 99% sure that Max is it for us.

March 8th, 2013, 02:32 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Paragard next Wednesday. After everything with nuva ring it'll be nice to WANT to have sex again. I'm nervous because ive heard good and bad but every woman is different. If it doesn't work out im thinking pill or depo. The pill was my first method when i was 18 and didn't last long and i was on depo before nuva ring and no major complaints with it.

March 8th, 2013, 03:53 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking of getting the arm implant bc at 12 weeks. Like the mirena but in the arm and lasts 3 years. Not 100% though

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 8th, 2013, 05:36 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
I want to get an iud but DH doesn't want to because he's ready to try to have another.......We definitely need to sit down and talk
MammaWannaBe and nursingmama like this.

March 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just charting I suppose. I went off BCP in 2008 and never want to go back. With my infertility issues its so highly unlikely we would conceive on our own anyway. We will still be careful right now but after a few months, we are open to anything. All surprises welcomed!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
Paraguard in 2 wks... although DH told me yesterday that he is rethinking us waiting 4 yrs to have another and instead thinks we should have all our kids close together and wants to start trying in 9 months I need a few more months to recover before I can even contemplate that happening
Lol I wish my DH was saying that. We had talked about it before and had said we'd like to wait 3-5yrs and then have 2 more close together. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to lose a bit of weight and we get a house first, then I would want to start trying when Marshall is about 18months. But because of other things I'd like to no later than when he's 3 & 1/2 and no earlier than 2 &1/2. BUT now DH is saying that as of right now his answer is no to having anymore

I'm hoping its just because we just had another and that in about 3 years he'll be ready! Maybe sooner if other things workout like planned
nursingmama likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Lol I wish my DH was saying that. We had talked about it before and had said we'd like to wait 3-5yrs and then have 2 more close together. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to lose a bit of weight and we get a house first, then I would want to start trying when Marshall is about 18months. But because of other things I'd like to no later than when he's 3 & 1/2 and no earlier than 2 &1/2. BUT now DH is saying that as of right now his answer is no to having anymore

I'm hoping its just because we just had another and that in about 3 years he'll be ready! Maybe sooner if other things workout like planned
Yeah I would be all for having another in 18 months but we live in an apartment and I want a house before adding another person. Also we r kinda tight financially and I am the one who brings in most the money since DH is in school and he still has 3 yrs left but I dont wanna have to increase my hours to full time. On the other hand though I do want our babies close together and will probably be on board with DH in 9-10 months I love my boys so much I cant imagine not having another baby sooner rather than later. I hope your DH is like me and just needs a few months to get used to the idea!

March 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
Yeah I would be all for having another in 18 months but we live in an apartment and I want a house before adding another person. Also we r kinda tight financially and I am the one who brings in most the money since DH is in school and he still has 3 yrs left but I dont wanna have to increase my hours to full time. On the other hand though I do want our babies close together and will probably be on board with DH in 9-10 months I love my boys so much I cant imagine not having another baby sooner rather than later. I hope your DH is like me and just needs a few months to get used to the idea!

I hope so too!

Our living situation is the biggest reason why we need/want to wait longer as well. We live in a VERY small 2br single wide. There is barely enough space for us so we would HAVE to move before we have another one. We're hoping to be able to buy a house in about a year, so maybe when Marshall is about 2 DH will agree to another
March 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am on the pill for now. But DH is getting snipped soon. So by next year I hope to not need BC,

Mykelti James 01.21.13
March 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be going on the minipill until DH gets snipped. blah. I hate BC...

March 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah my husband doesn't know he's getting snipped, but he totally is. I sort of just told him a few days ago and his jaw dropped...oops. He'll get used to the idea especially once we are done done! We definitely have the room for more kids, we purposely bought a home to grow into instead of a starter home since the housing market is down. I like the idea of having my kids close in age, like 2-3 years apart. Of course you don't know how long it will take you to get pregnant so I could see us starting to try again when she is around 18 months.

It's funny though, when I was pregnant I was like "dear god I could NOT do this again for a longggg time" and then the first few weeks I thought to myself "maybe 1 is ok", but then a few days ago I found out my friend who has a 1 1/2 year old is pregnant with her second and I found myself going "awww I want another baby", followed quickly by "WTH am I THINKING!?".

There really must be some chemical that makes you forget the bad stuff and makes you crazy enough to think about a second child, even if it's just for a fleeting moment, while you have an 8 week old

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
There really must be some chemical that makes you forget the bad stuff and makes you crazy enough to think about a second child, even if it's just for a fleeting moment, while you have an 8 week old
Not this lady! When I was pg I was on the fence about a second one. Now I'm perfectly content with one!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an appointment set up for Essure. They do it under full anesthesia here which I'm completely afraid of so I'm going to postpone this surgery as long as possible!
March 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Yeah my husband doesn't know he's getting snipped, but he totally is. I sort of just told him a few days ago and his jaw dropped...oops. He'll get used to the idea especially once we are done done! We definitely have the room for more kids, we purposely bought a home to grow into instead of a starter home since the housing market is down. I like the idea of having my kids close in age, like 2-3 years apart. Of course you don't know how long it will take you to get pregnant so I could see us starting to try again when she is around 18 months.

It's funny though, when I was pregnant I was like "dear god I could NOT do this again for a longggg time" and then the first few weeks I thought to myself "maybe 1 is ok", but then a few days ago I found out my friend who has a 1 1/2 year old is pregnant with her second and I found myself going "awww I want another baby", followed quickly by "WTH am I THINKING!?".

Lol I told my DH he is too. I told him that if I'm the one taking care of the BC while we're still having kids, then it's only fair that he takes care of it once we're 100% sure that we're done. Plus it's alot easier procedure for him and more easily to undo. He said that I had a good point lol.

LOL I know what you mean about more kiddos. When DS2 was about 2wks I told DH "I know I want more, I always have but for now I am plenty content with closing down the baby machine for now, spending time with our two boys, get a house and THEN in about 5years try for another." I was really sold on that plan lol But then the other day I was thinking and was putting Marshall's too little clothes in the donate bag and was like "Oh maybe I should keep some of these in case we decide for another in about 2yrs and it's another boy" and ever since then I feel like I would want to try again when Marshall turns 2 or 3 lol. DH doesn't know this yet though. haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search