Baby Led Feeding?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey

Saw this interesting article on Pinterest about a trend known as Baby Led Weaning or Baby Led Feeding. Has anyone heard of this or done it? Thoughts?

Figured it would be a good discussion! Here's the link:

How I discovered and embraced Baby-Led Weaning/Feeding (BLW) | Simple Bites

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I've known many moms who took this approach. I didn't start DD1 on "solids" til around 6 months, and she was never big on puree's (which sucked for me bc I loved making baby food!) So we kind of took our own adapted approach to BLW.
March 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I think my brother and SIL did a modified version of this. They still made her organic purees but they also let her explore foods on her own as well. She is 15 months old now and a really good and not picky eater.

No clue what I will do. I love the idea of making all my own baby food for Baxter so we will just sort of see where he takes it!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, I did this with my daughter. Didn't bother with purees.

March 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
love this! cant wait to try it!

March 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done something similar to this with my kids, except I mashed their food up pretty good when they were babies because I am terrified of them choking. However, I just want to say, don't get your hopes up that it will create a less picky eater, lol. Both of my kids were so amazingly non-picky when they were the age of the baby in the article, and remained so until probably 18 months to 2 years. Now, my son is the pickiest eater I have ever met (I can count the foods he will willingly eat on one hand) and my daughter is pretty picky these days too. At least the foods she wants to eat are super healthy foods, but still, I think almost all kids are willing to try most foods when they're tiny and then they get alot pickier as they get into that toddler independence stage.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search