Yup, I finally sucked it up and did it!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By SaraSmiles
  • 2 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By RobynL
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went into the liqour store will all three kids and bought a 6 pack of beer lol I was too embaressed to do it because I thought of what people would be thinking, like oh my look at that bad mother, buying beer with her newborn and 2 other kids! But you know what, i think it was well deserved and I am enjoying one right now as we speak I loved being pregnant, but I sure am liking not being pregnant anymore tonight
MammaWannaBe and Hoping4bby like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
March 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Oh honey how could you have waited. With days like today I needed 2 glasses if wine! Finished my bottle so need to restock!

March 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You go girl!!!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 8th, 2013, 09:40 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Enjoy!!! (Posted from a hot bubble bath with glass of Chardonnay).
minalyn and Babyschultz like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 8th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't done that yet...and I sooo would like to! I need to pump enough milk so I can have a drink! What do the other BF moms do? Maybe I should get some of those alcohol strips? The closest ive gotten was taking sips of DH beer...and resorting to O'Douls for myself. I'm so envious...I need to work on making it possible!

March 8th, 2013, 11:36 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Congrats!! Us mommas need a drink sometimes at the end of the night - especially you ladies with multiple kids!

March 9th, 2013, 01:40 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dex is 9 weeks and I've had a glass of wine a handful of times since he was born. I think a occasional glass while bf is fine. I usually have mine whenhe goes to bed for the night thAt way I'm guaranteed a 2-5 hour stretch before i need to nurse again. Tomorrow is my first night 'out' since he was born ( my daughters preschool is having a dinner, dancing, silent auction fundraiser) and there will be an open bar! I'm already allowing myself 2 glasses of wine for the night! Woohoo!

I read somewhere that you don't have to 'pump and dump when you drink' that if you wait long enough then the alcohol will leave your breastmilk, just like it does your blood after a few hours. Anyone else heard this? I struggle so much to produce enough milk as it is and would hate to pump and dump if I don't have to? I'm going to go look up that article now
Jmcorso likes this.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 9th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Expecting #1
I've read a lot about drinking and breastfeeding. You are safe if you go with the one drink per hour. I drink a Guinness to boost my supply. Ill pump or nurse and then have one and will pump or nurse again 2 hours later and it's fine.

I can't believe you waited so long! I waited to drink until Ember was about 3 weeks old because I was so scared how it would affect her with Breastfeeding, but now ill have a couple beers a week.

March 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh girl, I can't believe you waited so long! lol! I almost always have a beer with dinner. I picked out a really good hoppy beer because it's supposed to help supply (I like Sam Adams Latitude 48 if anyone wants to try it). Some nights I will have a glass of wine too. I pump right beforehand and I never have to pump again until about 3am so it works out well.
Jmcorso likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 07:55 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I went to a brewery last weekend and split a flight and then had 3/4 of a beer. That was enough to make me tipsy!! A far cry from the old days!

March 9th, 2013, 08:25 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
I went to a brewery last weekend and split a flight and then had 3/4 of a beer. That was enough to make me tipsy!! A far cry from the old days!
Haha I had one glass of wine the other night and I was woozy lol! Ive never been able to drink much but this was the first time I felt like my speech was about to start slurring after just a little wine

March 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Veteran
My doctor said it is perfectly fine to have one glass of wine or a beer a night! I believe him!
March 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
Oh girl, I can't believe you waited so long! lol! I almost always have a beer with dinner. I picked out a really good hoppy beer because it's supposed to help supply (I like Sam Adams Latitude 48 if anyone wants to try it). Some nights I will have a glass of wine too. I pump right beforehand and I never have to pump again until about 3am so it works out well.
Ill have to try that Sam Adams! I heard Guinness helps boost supply so I've been drinking that so now ill have another option to try! Did it help boost your supply at all?

March 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
Ill have to try that Sam Adams! I heard Guinness helps boost supply so I've been drinking that so now ill have another option to try! Did it help boost your supply at all?
I feel like it does. I did several things at once so I'm not sure which helps the most (fenugreek, oatmeal, hoppy beer, and pumping very frequently for a day or two). I have no issues at all with my supply right now and I only pump 5 or 6 times per day most days. I googled hoppy beers and I was able to find this Sam Adams Lat. 48 and another one called Hoplanta and they're both good, but I like the sam adams better.
Jmcorso likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 09:29 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hah I have southern comfort sitting up on my fridge. Take some of that and I'm a happy momma. Can't really drink much now that I'm on meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search