Comments from an old lady...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Expecting #1
I know they mean well, at least I hope so, but yesterday (at a wake mind you) an elderly woman came up to my DH and I and said how beautiful Ember was and then asked how old she was. We told her she was 10 weeks and her next question was to see if she was a preemie, which she wasn't. She then proceeded to ask if my daughter was healthy and whether she would be "okay."Yes she is healthy and she is gaining perfectly fine!

I just smiled and nodded. I'm sure it didn't help that another baby was there that was 7 days older and he is a beast, already in 6 month clothes and has a pretty big head, so of course Ember would look tiny compared to that!

March 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah everyone has an opinion. Babies all grow at different rates. Heck I know a baby that was pounds lighter than Vivi at birth and they weighed in at the same at 8 weeks. Everyone gains and grows differently, not everyone ends up the same height and weight at the end of the day!

Ember is perfectly perfect, people never cease to amaze me with their comments.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that when people aren't around newborns, they forget how tiny they are. I had someone ask me the exact same thing about Lincoln a few weeks ago, and they kept going on and on and on about how super tiny he was, but he really wasn't that tiny.

March 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Expecting #1
Yeah, all babies grow at different rates and are all different sizes. The comment annoyed me since I was around my husbands whole family who also got to hear the comment, but I know Ember is healthy and gaining perfectly fine. People just say the best things sometimes, huh?

March 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That's annoying. It's reminiscent of our pregnancy days when people would comment on how "huge" we all were, and we were "ready to pop" or "are there twins in there?"

Pshhht. People are annoying. Ember is just perfect, and don't let anyone make you think otherwise!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search