Double strollers

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By eiramillek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I know we've talked about this before, but those who need a double stroller, what do you have? Is it working?
I needed one so badly but was having a hard time deciding. After visiting some consignment shops and trying out some of the ones I was interested in, I finally decided to buy a new City mini double jogger.

I really liked the kolcraft contours double, until I saw it in person. It was huge and difficult to fold up.
I can't wait for my new stroller to arrive so we can get out of the house!

I'm so old. Excited for a stroller. Lol
March 11th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Idr what the name of ours is but you can attach a carseat to the back or front seat and then the back seat also comes of to make it a sit and stand seat at the back.

I bought it used for $60. The only complaint I have with it is the front seat sits to close to the foot rest so if DS1 rides up front knees come up high because of how close the seat is to the foot thingy. I might take the back seat of and let him do the sit and stand part and just put DS2's carseat on the front seat.
March 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Idr what the name of ours is but you can attach a carseat to the back or front seat and then the back seat also comes of to make it a sit and stand seat at the back.

I bought it used for $60. The only complaint I have with it is the front seat sits to close to the foot rest so if DS1 rides up front knees come up high because of how close the seat is to the foot thingy. I might take the back seat of and let him do the sit and stand part and just put DS2's carseat on the front seat.
This is the kind of double stroller I need!!! I wish I knew what they were called, if you remember the name of yours can you post it?? Right now we only have a single stroller and it is VERY hard for me to get out of the house with both Leo and Felix alone. Leo is too little to walk (without constant supervision and chasing after) and I dont like having to put Felix in the carrier whenever we go out because it is getting warm here and he is a sweaty boy lol. It would be great to have a stroller that fits both of them, I just dont want a really bulky one.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a double jogging stroller and I love it.

It is a side by side which isn't the easiest thing to get through doorways, but the places we tend to go with it this doesn't matter much.

My best advice is to get something with big back wheels. They are so much easier to push.

I can go over grass, gravel or other similar surfaces without even having to exert myself.

March 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
This is the kind of double stroller I need!!! I wish I knew what they were called, if you remember the name of yours can you post it?? Right now we only have a single stroller and it is VERY hard for me to get out of the house with both Leo and Felix alone. Leo is too little to walk (without constant supervision and chasing after) and I dont like having to put Felix in the carrier whenever we go out because it is getting warm here and he is a sweaty boy lol. It would be great to have a stroller that fits both of them, I just dont want a really bulky one.
It's in my trunk so I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know
nursingmama likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Host of March '10 PR
They had one of those sit n stand strollers with two seats at target on clearance for $121 approx. It was a few weeks ago but they may still have it!
nursingmama likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post

Lurking from Feb DDC but the stroller she was explaining sounds very similar to mine: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006CFCND4

I know different brands have different versions but this has so many seating options plus can have the carseat hook straight in. We've used it a few times and its been great. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to push and maneuver.
nursingmama likes this.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 11th, 2013, 09:23 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one a family friend gave us made by graco. Seems way too huge to even bother with it. I am not brave to venture to the store with three kids 4 and under. But maybe once it's warmer out I'll use the double stroller to walk around town. My DS 1 is 18 months and toddles around. Cannot imagine using this double stroller at a fair or shopping cause I'd probably run someone over.

March 11th, 2013, 09:37 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the city mini double and love it!!!! Bought the 2011 model new last Christmas for $299 no tax or shipping fees on albeebaby website. Used ones sell on Craigslist here for 200-250 so I got a great deal. I also wanted the Britax double similar to the city mini double, but it was half inch too wide for the elevator in my building.
Definitely worth the money!
I was also super obsessed with strollers before I purchased it, I tried out dozens and nothing compared (except the Britax one). I would recommend it 100 percent. My only complaint is that it is hard to use he under storage when both kids are I. It, but other than that no complaints

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!

Last edited by RobynL; March 11th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 06:47 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This is the stroller I want but in the single! Right now we just use an infant car seat caddy but when he needs a regular stroller we tried a bunch and the city mini seems to be the best! I see all kinds of doubles at the Park and this one always stands out to me as being sleek yet highly functional

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 12th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynL View Post
I have the city mini double and love it!!!! Bought the 2011 model new last Christmas for $299 no tax or shipping fees on albeebaby website. Used ones sell on Craigslist here for 200-250 so I got a great deal. I also wanted the Britax double similar to the city mini double, but it was half inch too wide for the elevator in my building.
Definitely worth the money!
I was also super obsessed with strollers before I purchased it, I tried out dozens and nothing compared (except the Britax one). I would recommend it 100 percent. My only complaint is that it is hard to use he under storage when both kids are I. It, but other than that no complaints
This is the same website and deal I just got yesterday. I cannot wait for it to arrive, and then for spring to finally get here so we can get out and go for walks!
March 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a double jogger until the cats peed in it. I was NOT happy. Now I just have a single stroller, but I keep kind of wanting to get a double again. I think some of that may just be because I don't want my little girl to grow up too fast and I want to put her in a stroller still, lol. She's 4 but she's only just past 30 lbs so she can still easily ride in strollers. I still might get a double jogger again at some point, because then I could stroll the younger 2 and my oldest could ride his bike.

Anyway, I LOVED our double jogger. It was easy to maneuver and while it was big, it wasn't too terrible to fold up and stow in the car and I was always able to get it through doorways, etc. Totally worth it.

March 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A few years ago I bought a Graco double. I loved it but it was quite bulky and didn't fit in the back of my van very well. We're not getting one this time around this time around but if we were I would for sure get the City Mini. I'm tempted to buy the City Mini single!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search