Paragard users

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By minalyn
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
have you noticed an odd smell after getting it put in. Not really 'down there' but on your skin or in your nose?

Idk how to explain it really, it's like the smell is directly in my nose or lingering on me. Idk how to explain the smell either. I don't smell it if I sniff my skin and I've even TMI, sniffed the TP to see if it was my discharge and I don't smell it there either. I smell it when I'm doing whatever like it's in the air or like I said in my nose or something?

I don't if I'm smelling the copper or if it's something else. I didn't notice it until the day after I got it put in. It's easied up some now but I still randomly smell it.
March 12th, 2013, 07:06 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I'll ask at my appointment tomorrow I'm getting it put in. I hope to clear it up because i don't want people questioning it at work...
Sawyers_Mommy and nursingmama like this.

March 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
idk i get mine next week... how was getting it placed??? any weird/annoying side affects since its been in???

March 13th, 2013, 04:45 AM
It hurt some getting it in but nothing TOO bad. Just felt like getting a pap smear, then it felt like really bad period cramping when he inserted the IUD but quickly easied up. Afterwards the cramping was just like some light period cramping for a couple days and I still get random light cramps here and there and I had some spotting for about 3 days but other then that it's been great. I don't even feel like I have it in.

With the Mirena I felt bloated and stuff the whole time I had it so this is nice to not even feel like it's there!!
minalyn and nursingmama like this.
March 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Just got back to work from my appointment. Definitely some cramping upon insertion but that's about it.

She said she never heard of that symptom before but to ask if you have a metal allergy.

March 13th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Glad it wasn't too bad!

Hmm as far as I know I don't have one. I haven't smelt it in a couple of days so maybe it was just a weird side effect or something. Or maybe it had to do with something else and just so happened to happen around the same time lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search