Mommy clothes

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By minalyn
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Host of March '10 PR
What are you wearing nowadays? Are pre-pregnancy clothes fitting yet? Anyone still wearing maternity clothes?
March 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
What are you wearing nowadays? Are pre-pregnancy clothes fitting yet? Anyone still wearing maternity clothes?
I am pleased to report that I am back into (some) of my old clothes! I did have to break down and buy a larger pair of jeans (I am now a size 8...boo!). Hopefully I can kick this extra weight ASAP. The biggest issue I have is that my abdomen is still so tender to the touch after the C-Section; I don't know how long that'll last. Either way...I am on my way back to 'me' again, just have to drop about 9 or 10 lbs. to get there.

March 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im in normal clothes but they are not prepregnancy clothes. My boobs and hips are way too big to fit into what I wore before giving birth. I went up 2 bra sizes and 2 pant sizes (boo). My tummy is getting back to normal, im just working on toning it.

March 12th, 2013, 10:08 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I'm wearing maternity pants because I refuse to add another pair to my closet! Glad the weather is picking up I can just wear stretchy shorts
Sawyers_Mommy and nursingmama like this.

March 12th, 2013, 10:51 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm very close to my pre pregnancy weight, but my hips have spread out so much none of my pants fit. Hopefully with the bella band my dress pants will look ok because I've got to go back to work next week.
nursingmama likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 06:56 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im fitting into my prepregnancy clothes, they just dont look as good as they used to...but at least they fit. And I am totally guilty of wearing my maternity leggings around just because they are comfy and the stretch band holds all the jiggles in place lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I still wear my maternity jeans and a couple shirts. Mainly because I hardly had any non maternity clothes to begin with before getting pregnant this time arond.

I am slowly buying some non maternity things. I bought a pair of fat jeans lol to last me til I lose some weight and and a couple shirts. I'll prob buy another pair of jeans. I don't wnat to buy too much since I'm planing to drop some pounds but I'm tired o f being in maternity clothes
March 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
I'm very close to my pre pregnancy weight, but my hips have spread out so much none of my pants fit. Hopefully with the bella band my dress pants will look ok because I've got to go back to work next week.
That is the problem I am having also. My hips spread way more this time then they did when I gave birth to DS1

March 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am rocking the leggings oversized cardigan look lol. I can fit into my old ops and flowy dresses plus two pairs of shorts I bought during the end of my first trimester but I won't attempt any of my other bottoms I'm probably 8 lbs away Fromm pregnancy weight, but it's more the flab and loose skin that's the problem. I really need to get a gym membership stat. Until then I wear tight tank tops under flowy tops with cut outs and leggings or maternity pants to hide the bad spots especially my tummy. I am also doing a lot of accessorizing with fun headbands, earrings, funky sandals to make myself feel pretty and put together. Some newly shapened eyebrows and some lipstick doesn't hurt either! I figure it's better to work with what I have now and wait to shop when I'm a bit more comfortable with my body. It just sucks that we're going away at the end of May and I can't imagine putting on a swim suit

Ps one word of advice. The one time I did shop I went to old navy and got some great cotton dresses and an oversized demin dress that looks like a large button down shirt (I'll find a photo) that hides the pooch perfectly but shows off the legs!
nursingmama likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; March 13th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
March 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Old Navy is the only place the past 2yrs i've found jeans to fit me right!
MammaWannaBe likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I fit into my first nonmaternity jeans today! Woohoo! They are still a bit snug, and like others have said, it's mostly because my hips and pelvis have spread. Most of my tops fit, but I mostly just wear nursing tanks anyways.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 13th, 2013, 02:28 PM

Untitled by May2287, on Flickr

Here's the dress I got at Old Navy. It's one of the few items of clothing that really hides my pooch well. Loving it to dress down for day or up for a meeting.
nursingmama likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That is uber cute!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
That is uber cute!
Thanks! It was under 30$ and since I can wear it all year round (either with tights, leggings, or with nothing at all) it seemed like a good deal to me! They have some cute stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search