To go back to the gym or not go back is the question....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 09:24 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I was a member of a local gym (I still am, just had my membership on "freeze" during pregnancy and it was just released on the 1st of this month), as much as I want to go back and get my body in shape.....I just can't find the time or energy. I will not take her there with me and put her in the nursery. I don't trust them, maybe if she was 2 years old or something but not an infant. I can always workout at home but I always get lazy with that. However, I NEED to do something, I feel so disgusted with my body!!

If I go back to the gym I would have to go at night which means rushing through dinner, hw and everything else plus baseball season is starting and all the games are on weeknights!! UGH!!!

If I can only motivate myself to put a plan together at home but that never works out!

What is everyone else doing?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 13th, 2013, 09:53 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Well I'm happy to be on office hours, don't know for how long. My supervisor said I could go during the work day if I needed to. Right now I'm doing spin on base on Saturdays then running a mile and half on Sundays. I managed to get a run in yesterday because DH is on an odd schedule because of a base exercise. I'd like to fit spin in on Thursday too, the class is at 12. As long as everyone's lunch is accomadated I think I'll go. I have a bar that attached to the door and you can do situps on it. Right now it's on Evan's door but I need to move that to my closest door so I can see it and maybe that will make me do them. I need to do more situps and pushups. I hate pushups!

And I hate having a great workout then coming home and not seeing any change. I know it takes time but geeze it still makes me sad.

March 13th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing p90x. I don't think I'd have time for the gym, it's hard enough doing an hour workout every evening at home. Some nights I substitute a 2 mile walk/jog + the Shred, which I really prefer because my kids can go with me on the walk and ride their bikes and it's just a lot more fun. I'd probably just do that every evening but hubby likes p90x. I wouldn't be doing it if he weren't pushing me to. My body is still really hurting and bothering me with muscle aches and pretty bad joint pain which is making exercise difficult.

March 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
DH works 2nd so I go in the mornings to the gym so that the kids can stay with him.

This week I've went in the evening because we had stuff to do Mon and Tues morning. I took the kiddos to the daycare which is really close by so I can peek in on them anytime I want. I can see the door of it from where I workout. The only reason I don't like it is because I've had to stop my work out to go in there because DS1 was crying (I've never left him with someone we don't know) and then when I went in there DS2 was crying and I had to feed him ( they dont feed or change them) but after that DS1 started playing and DS2 was content so I got to finish my workout. Yesterday thye both did fine and I was able to tan and then workout for an hr before we had to leave. I don't mind taking them and DS1 gets to play with the other kids but it's kinda stressful with DS2 because I never know if he's gonna wanna eat or just be fussy so then I'd have to keep stopping my workout.

Next week I'll go back to going the mornings except I'm going to try out the Zumba class which is in the evenings and possibly the Yoga class which is in the evenings as well.
March 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I am walking, that's about it. When I go to the Park, I walk a few miles, and it's hilly, so it's a good workout, especially when pushing a stroller. Now that it's lighter later and the weather is warming up, DH and I plan to do a walk every night (or most nights) when he gets home from work, before dinner. That's gonna have to do me for a while

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going for hour long walks every day with her , but unfortunately since we both got sick, we haven't been out in awhile. We are planning on joining a local gym because I really need to do yoga and spin and classes to get my butt in gear. I do better if I leave the house so I cannot get distracted by anything else. They also have a daycare area so I get free care, which you cannot beat.

Why don't you trust the gym's daycare center? I like the fact that ours is in a good location where everyone can see what's going on, I think it keeps them accountable. At first I was sort of turned off because the attendants didn't seem to really be playing that much with the kids, but my mom reminded me that it's basically a glorified babysitting job and that no one is going to be as good as mommy and that for an hour she'll be ok. Still I think I am going to wait until she is 10 weeks old (next week ALREADY! eep!) to go. I don't know, it just makes me feel better. Also, she now has more of her shots so that makes me feel better too.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I was going for hour long walks every day with her , but unfortunately since we both got sick, we haven't been out in awhile. We are planning on joining a local gym because I really need to do yoga and spin and classes to get my butt in gear. I do better if I leave the house so I cannot get distracted by anything else. They also have a daycare area so I get free care, which you cannot beat.

Why don't you trust the gym's daycare center? I like the fact that ours is in a good location where everyone can see what's going on, I think it keeps them accountable. At first I was sort of turned off because the attendants didn't seem to really be playing that much with the kids, but my mom reminded me that it's basically a glorified babysitting job and that no one is going to be as good as mommy and that for an hour she'll be ok. Still I think I am going to wait until she is 10 weeks old (next week ALREADY! eep!) to go. I don't know, it just makes me feel better. Also, she now has more of her shots so that makes me feel better too.
I am very over-protective and I just don't trust them in the room. The room is clean and the windows are clear so you can see through but I still feel uncomfortable, I wish I felt different.....I know, I am a paranoid lady......lol!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

March 13th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysc2 View Post
I am very over-protective and I just don't trust them in the room. The room is clean and the windows are clear so you can see through but I still feel uncomfortable, I wish I felt different.....I know, I am a paranoid lady......lol!
Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. We never even get a night out without the kids because I can't leave them with anyone besides family and we don't have any family close by.

I'm jealous of those of you who are walking daily for exercise. I'm really not ready to be doing p90x but hubby wants to so badly and I know it's alot more fun for him when we both do it so I feel too bad to say no.

March 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish it was warm enough to walk here! Maybe this coming week. Every time it's warm enough, it's rainy. so I've been doing... nothing. :/

March 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I think I'm going to cancel my membership til he's a bit older. I was going to keep my membership, but with working full time I have no idea when I'd fit it in. If I went after work I'd hardly get to see my little guy.

I think once it gets nicer out we'll try to walk more.

March 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I walk with both boys (one in the stoller, one in the carrier) everyday to the park and chase DS1 around for about an hr. Every other night I try to motivate myself to do abs but other than that I dont do anything. We arent gym members and cant afford to join. I wish I was a runner but unfortunately I HATE running and it is a huge asthma trigger for me. I have both boys all day and then work a few nights a week so I have no energy to do anything lol

March 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I was thinking of an exercise program with the baby. Like Mommy and Baby Yoga or something in that area. So, I can go during the day with her and not have to worry about the daycare or going at night. Then when she is a little bit older then I would feel more comfortable with the gym daycares.......has anyone ever done a program like this? Not even sure I have one in my area....

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

March 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been walking in the evenings with the kiddies in tow. We tried once Madison was a year or so to join a gym but she didn't do so well with the playroom. I honestly feel that by the time I get myself ready and two kids there and finally start to exercise I could have just don't some stuff in my livingroom and walked the neighborhood.

March 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
So, I signed up for a trial class of Stroller Strides. Has anyone ever tried this or seen this? Do you have any in your area? For those of you who never heard of it....it's a workout class that meets in local area where you bring your baby/toddler in the stroller! You don;t need a babysitter, don't have to worry about the daycare centers in gyms...they are right there with you! You supposedly do workout with your stroller as well! This seems like everything I was looking for being that I didn't want to go to the gym and leave my baby in the daycare and that nights are really hard for me...so I am def going to take the trial class and see where it takes me....I hope I like it! I go on Tuesday!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

March 17th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
We have one here. They meet at the Mall before the stores open and then do a little something with the toddlers at the play area aftewards.

I had thought about joining but it's so exspensive.
March 18th, 2013, 04:19 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That sounds really neat! I haven't heard of that before but I am going to see if they have one here like that!
mommysc2 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 18th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
We have one here. They meet at the Mall before the stores open and then do a little something with the toddlers at the play area aftewards.

I had thought about joining but it's so exspensive.
Yeah, that is what ours is...at the mall before they open...a few of the local actually have it! How much is yours, just curious? Ours is $39.99/month unlimited or you could pay per class or in a 10 class package but if you calculate like 2-3 times per week then the unlimited is a huge savings! It is def more than what I wanted to spend though cause the gym that I currently belong to is only $19.99 per month however that does not include daycare, I would have to add an extra $9.99 for that.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search