Checking in...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By minalyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I find myself updating more on Facebook these days well for anyone that's not my "friend" on there please add me: Amanda Michel (Lobermier).

Anyways we started Evan in the crib last Friday and he's been doing great, after the initail fussy night! And the amount he is sleeping at night has practically doubled! Monday night he went 8 hours straight. Anybody having trouble with the transition or having no issues?

I started back to work Monday and my supervisor told me I'd cry either dropping him off or on my way to work and I said no no not me. Monday morning, cried like a BABY! Oh my gosh. I was with him for 9 weeks straight and I was just going to miss him SO much. All the ladies in his class are moms and they're like don't worry come check on him or call all you want. I stayed away Monday just so I didn't overwhelm myself on my first day back to work. I did however go to check on him yesterday and he was KNOCKED out, good for him. I guess Monday he took like 3 20 minute or so naps and Tuesday he bumped up to a 3 hour nap!

Gosh I, like all of you, love my LO SO mcuh. I can't even explain it.

Oh Sunday Evan had a photo shoot. A photographer I liked on FB was doing a shoot to set up her shop on Etsy. She will be selling suspenders, bow ties, and ties. She'll be doing girl stuff too but I obviously am only interested in boy stuff It's going to be called Tator Tot Shop so look out for it. Anyway she needed models so I replied to her and she accepted. Well she canceled on me a week ago because her daughter was sick. Because of that cancelation she decided to give us a copy of ALL the pictures she took at the shot instead of the 3-4 she originally promised. She's editing them so hopefully I'll have them by the end of the week. So that's my tip for you ladies. Like local photographers on FB and watch out for their "casting calls". For those of you who haven't seen my little model, here he is:

(I dont know how to resize, sorry!)

She also let us keep the product. She sent us home with the set he's wearing and then 2 additional ties. He's going to be SO styling for Easter! Speaking of Easter, local businesses are putting on a "Eggstaveganza" for military familes next weekend. I'm so excited Evan's first little egg hunt! Are any of you other mommies doing anything special for Eater?

March 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh he's so stinkin' cute! I think he looks like you from the pic I've seen in your last siggy

DH's family does a dinner usually on Easter so we'll prob do that and my parents try to get us and my sibilings together the Sunday before but not for sure if we'll be doing that this year or not since my sister had to start working. We'll atleast dress up the boys and color and hide eggs for DS1. I may try to find a local Easter egg hunt for him to go to.

We haven't switched to the crib yet but are thinking of doing it this weekend. We have to switch rooms with the boys since ours is bigger so we may do it this weekend since DH is off because I want to paint our room (their new room) before we put their stuff in there. Depends on how I feel since I got my wisdom teeth cut out today.

March 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Yuck to the wisdom teeth. That definitely sucks!

March 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is so cute!!!!!! love the suspenders we probably wont do much for easter because i think i work that saturday night

March 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just added you on Fb

That photo is adorable! What a great deal!

Vivi's first three nights home were a nightmare. We originally wanted her in a pack n' play in our room and she just wouldn't sleep. We tried a cosleeper, rolling a blanket under her shoulder while sleeping in the pack n'play, everything you can think of. She wouldn't sleep. Finally, when I was asleep, DH put her down in her crib and slept sitting up in the chair next to her to make sure she was alright. When I woke up and found DH asleep in the chair and no baby I FREAKED, but she was alright, sleeping away in her crib. She has slept in there ever since and has been sleeping basically through the night since she was 6 weeks old. I'm not sure if it's the crib, but it's the only place she will sleep in for long stretches. Also, we have these camoise (sp) sheets from Pottery Barn Kids. A bit pricey, but they are soft and warm and I swear by them. I haven't tried anything else for her yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search