How is night time going?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Host of March '10 PR
How are the nights going?
How long is baby sleeping?
How often is baby feeding at night?
Where does baby sleep at night?
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?)
How much sleep is mommy getting?
March 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going? They are ok. up every few hours

How long is baby sleeping? 3-4 hr stretches

How often is baby feeding at night? Every 4hrs or so

Where does baby sleep at night? Next to me in bed

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Lately just a short sleeved onesie, its starting to get warm

How much sleep is mommy getting? I average 5.5 hrs of broken sleep

March 14th, 2013, 01:51 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
How are the nights going? Just fine!
How long is baby sleeping? About 8-9 hours a night.
How often is baby feeding at night? None. We put him down at 9 and we wake him to eat before we all head off to work/take him to the sitter.
Where does baby sleep at night? His crib
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Cotton sleep & plays. Still swaddling him.
How much sleep is mommy getting? That's a different story. I should go to bed after I put him down, but I never do. I'd say about 5 hours a night during the week but on the weekends DH lets me catch up and sleep in both days.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 02:19 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going?

Excellent. On a bad night she is fussy and wants to be held till about 11pm ish and will only sleep till 4am. But most nights she is down around 10pm and up between 5:30-6:45am

How long is baby sleeping?

She's a great little sleeper. She does about a 7-8 hour stretch

Just a 4oz bottle before bed and a 4oz bottle when she wakes up. She is pretty much ready to chow by the time she wakes up.

Where does baby sleep at night?

She sleeps in her crib. I wanted her to sleep in a pack n'play in our room until she was older, but the first three nights home were terrible and she wouldn't sleep anywhere. Finally we put her in the crib and she slept for a 3 hour stretch her first time!

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?)

She wears either a sleeper sack thing or a zip up footed jammie thing. Then we do a tight swaddle in a soft blanket (Aden & Anis) and put her in her crib which is fitted with a Camoise PBK sheet.

How much sleep is mommy getting?

Depending on when I fall asleep I average 6-8 hours a night so I really can't complain (although I usually wish I could nap during the early afternoon if she has a fussy day, but yes it could totally TOTALLY be worse)

March 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
How are the nights going? Awesome!

How long is baby sleeping? 8-10 hours!

How often is baby feeding at night? Doesn't wake to eat.

Where does baby sleep at night? In her crib.

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) A cotton sleeper and she is wrapped in a blanket.

How much sleep is mommy getting? 7-8 hours most nights.
March 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I am jealous of many of you ladies!!!

How are the nights going? Annoying. He doesn't go down before 12-1 most nights. Yes, we've tried everything.
How long is baby sleeping? Once he goes down, he sleeps fine, in 3-5 hour stretches.
How often is baby feeding at night? Once he is down, he wakes up about 3-4 hours later, so usually just once.
Where does baby sleep at night? In his bassinet/cot next to our bed.
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Either a footed sleeper, a gown (he's getting long for some of his footies), and usually a sleep sack swaddle (with his arms out) on top of that. It's getting really warm here though, so we'll have to probably start to adjust.
How much sleep is mommy getting? Usually from about 11-2, then about 4-7. So, call it 5 hours broken sleep.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going?not horrible. She goes down for a 5 - 6 hour stretch, but after that it's 1-2 hours often with a lot of grunting

How long is baby sleeping? a lot in a day... nighttime maybe 8 hours?

How often is baby feeding at night? usually once, maybe twice

Where does baby sleep at night? Rock n Play sleeper next to my side of the bed

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) gown or sleeper, then a swaddle, if it's particularly chilly, she'll get a fuzzy blanket on her lower half also.

How much sleep is mommy getting? 4-6 hours ish. enough to function....

March 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
How are the nights going? Eh, I had hoped better by now, but it's not terrible.

How long is baby sleeping? About 5-6 hours between feedings the first part off the night, then 3 hours in between feedings the second part of the night. We're usually up at 6am.

Usually just 1

Where does baby sleep at night? In a rock and play next to me. I was hoping to transition him into his crib for when I went back to work, but his reflux makes me nervous.

What does baby wear to bed?
(Clothes, blankets..?) A sleeper with a blanket.

How much sleep is mommy getting? Not enough. Even when he sleeps I can't. Probably about 4 hours total each night.

March 14th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going? Pretty good

How long is baby sleeping? He goes down between 9 and 10 (usually) and wakes up at 2-3am.

How often is baby feeding at night? Once

Where does baby sleep at night? Carseat in the bassinet

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Sleeper and then a blanket over his legs and belly

How much sleep is mommy getting? A 4-5 hr stretch and then DH gets up for the early morning feeding (5-6am) so I get a total of about 8 or less but it's not consecutive

March 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
How are the nights going? FINALLY starting to get better
How long is baby sleeping? 3-4 hours but he wakes up 5am and cries constantly until 7am last night was the first night he didn't do it
How often is baby feeding at night? every 3-4 hours
Where does baby sleep at night? crib
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) sleeper or a onesie
How much sleep is mommy getting? 4-5 hours

March 15th, 2013, 07:18 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
How are the nights going? getting better

How long is baby sleeping? it depends, she usually has her last bottle for the night around 10/11pm, might wake around 4am for a bottle but sometimes will go until5/5:30am.

How often is baby feeding at night? one late night bottle and maybe one more bottle but sometimes she sleeps through

Where does baby sleep at night? we just transitioned her to the crib and her night time sleep hasn't changed so that was easy.

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) well, we live in NJ so it is still cold here. Her room does get quite chilly at night, so depending on the temp, she will either wear a cotton sleeper or a lighter sleeper), if it is not too cold that she sleeps with a receiving blanket, if it is cold (like last night) then she will sleep with a cotton blanket (i know....i am not supposed to do this

How much sleep is mommy getting? I sleep when she is sleeping so if she wakes once then I wake to feed her and then go right back to sleep.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 15th, 2013, 07:42 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Karin, bax sounds like my daughter when she was a baby. I could never get her down before11-2am! I think some kids are just on different schedules. Eventually she would start going down at 10pm. Bit hinestly she has always been a night girl. The good side is that she has always been the kid that eill sleep in till 8-9am which has made all my friends jealous, so it is kind of a trade off!

How are the nights going? Annoying. He doesn't go down before 12-1 most nights. Yes, we've tried everything.
How long is baby sleeping? Once he goes down, he sleeps fine, in 3-5 hour stretches.
How often is baby feeding at night? Once he is down, he wakes up about 3-4 hours later, so usually just once.
Where does baby sleep at night? In his bassinet/cot next to our bed.
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Either a footed sleeper, a gown (he's getting long for some of his footies), and usually a sleep sack swaddle (with his arms out) on top of that. It's getting really warm here though, so we'll have to probably start to adjust.
How much sleep is mommy getting? Usually from about 11-2, then about 4-7. So, call it 5 hours broken sleep.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going? Okay
How long is baby sleeping? Usually three 3 hour stretches
How often is baby feeding at night? It varies, last night down at 9. Up to feed at 12, 3, and 6am
Where does baby sleep at night? Starts out in pack in play next to my bed, but after first sleep stretch he joins me in bed to nurse for rest of night
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) fleece sleep sack year round, our house is cold brrrr
How much sleep is mommy getting? About 5 hours pet night

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 15th, 2013, 08:57 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going? They are going...haha
How long is baby sleeping? Latham is sleeping in two stretches 8:30 or so to 2:30/3:00 and 3:00 to 7.
How often is baby feeding at night? He cluster feeding from 5-8:30 where he falls asleep still eating...then eats again when he wakes around 2:30.
Where does baby sleep at night? Still sleeping bedside in his bassinet
What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) either a longsleeve onesie or longsleeve sleeper.
How much sleep is mommy getting? about 8 hours give or take.

March 15th, 2013, 09:36 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
How are the nights going? Awesome!

How long is baby sleeping? He varies from 7-9 hours. If he wakes us for a bottle he goes right back down till it's time to leave for the day

How often is baby feeding at night? 1 - 2 times

Where does baby sleep at night? In his crib, for a week now

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Well it's been warm here so he's either in a gown or a onesie then arms swaddled with a muslin blanket. I try to cover his feet with a blanket, they get cold, but no mater what he ALWAYS kicks it off

How much sleep is mommy getting? Same as baby! It's nice that he's only getting up once or twice now.

March 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How are the nights going? Not great. He still wakes up around 3am and then is fussy on and off for the rest of the night. I don't know how I'm not a total zombie. He has been doing a teeny bit better the past few nights, at least it's not as bad as the nights where he'd only doze 5-10 minutes and then cry, then repeat from 3-8.
How long is baby sleeping? He sometimes will sleep a 4 hour stretch, usually it's a couple of hours at a time.

How often is baby feeding at night? 3 or 4 times probably

Where does baby sleep at night? Next to me

What does baby wear to bed? (Clothes, blankets..?) Usually something long sleeved (it's been unnaturally cold here) and lots of warm snuggly blankets.

How much sleep is mommy getting? Hah! Maybe 5 hours of broken sleep? Not sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search