Favorite baby carrier?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 12:55 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which baby carriers do you have?

Which is your favorite?

I have the moby, Bjorn and ergo. The ergo Isy current favorite because I can nurse while using it. The Bjorn has started to really hurt my back, and the moby takes too much time to get on and off

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I have the moby and ergo (with infant insert). DH has the snugli.

I love the moby...when I get it right. It does take time to get on though. I can get the wrap tied quickly but getting him in is the challenge. It always seems I have it too loose or too tight. He doesn't seem to like the newborn hug hold (or I'm just doing it poorly) but he loves the regular hug hold.

Have t even been in the ergo yet. DH did once and said it was great.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 18th, 2013, 05:17 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I have a moby style and a mei tei style. Max loves the moby but so far doesn't like the mei tei.

March 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mei Tei!!!!!!!! Vivi LOVES it. It has been our saving grace because she almost always quiets in it or falls alseep. I never leave the home without it. It's gotten me through long shopping trips at Target and dinners out that take longer than expected. Also I feel like the support is nice and even across my back and chest so it doesn't hurt my back (Vivi is now almost 12 lbs)

March 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the bjorn and the beco. The bjorn hurts my back but I love the beco! I can nurse in it and DS's weight is distributed really well so my back doesnt hurt at all. Felix is almost 14lbs and I can still carry him around in it all day! I had the moby for DS1 and didnt like all the material. It just felt like to much for my small frame.

March 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
I have the bjorn and the beco. The bjorn hurts my back but I love the beco! I can nurse in it and DS's weight is distributed really well so my back doesnt hurt at all. Felix is almost 14lbs and I can still carry him around in it all day! I had the moby for DS1 and didnt like all the material. It just felt like to much for my small frame.
Lurking from Feb PR - Can you explain how you nurse in the Beco? That's what I have and I'd love to be able to Judy nurse her in it but can't figure it out.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiramillek View Post
Lurking from Feb PR - Can you explain how you nurse in the Beco? That's what I have and I'd love to be able to Judy nurse her in it but can't figure it out.
Do you have the beco gemini or the beco butterfly? The butterfly has an infant insert (i believe) and im not sure that you can nurse very easily with the insert in. I have the beco gemini which doesnt have an infant insert so the baby rests directly against your chest. Say I wanna nurse on the right side: I loosen the right shoulder strap (the strap which connects on the left) and then reposition Felix so that he is slightly slanted toward my right side in front of my breast. I then tighten the strap to where he is secure. In this position he has easy access to my nipple and is able to nurse hands free. Even though I have the gemini with no infant insert I have been able to carry him and nurse him in without any problems once he hit the 8lb mark. It is also really nice because he nurses practically upright which helps a lot with his reflux.

As he gets bigger I have found that I have to loosen both sides a little bit to get him in the right position.

There is a video on you tube that demonstrates how to nurse a baby in a beco carrier also.

March 18th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Here is the youtube link, hope this helps!

Breastfeeding Beco Gemini how-to video PAXbaby.mov - YouTube

March 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Dee
I have a ring sling and an Ergo with infant insert. I've used and like both. I think the Ergo is great for times when I'll be wearing him longer - long walks when the weather warms up, for example.

But the ring sling has been my favorite, hands down. He's so little, and fits in there so well. He loves being worn, and I can wear him for hours with only a few adjustments to keep his head comfortable. I've worn him everywhere in the ring sling, and it's especially easy to just pop him in and out of it. He's three months old, we've gone out together almost every day for the past six weeks, and he hasn't been in a stroller yet.
March 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the Baby K'Tan and Ergo and at this age teh K'Tan is my favorite. I love it so much that I bought my sitter one too.

March 20th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Expecting #1
I have a moby and love it. It took some getting used to at first, but putting it on and baby in are quick and easy. I am thinking of getting an ergo sport for the summer though.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:56 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursingmama View Post
Here is the youtube link, hope this helps!

Breastfeeding Beco Gemini how-to video PAXbaby.mov - YouTube
Thank you so much! It sounds pretty darn simple. I also have the Gemini. Thank you for the link!

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have the Moby. I love it! All the material is a bit annoying at times but ever since we started using the Hug Hold instead of the Newborn Hug Hold it has been going alot smoother! I can get him in it just right every time now.
March 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran
I have the ergo, a mei tai, and a moby a friend just let me borrow.
I like the ergo best for long outings. I'd say it has the most structure and support, and I love the sun shade hood and front pocket. I use it when I'm going to go be active outside.
The mei tai has been great for just going out and about - it is the most compact of the three and lightest, so fits in her diaper bag easy. It's great for keeping her snug against me. I used it on the airplane and was able to nurse with her in there, but the knot in the back can get uncomfortable.
The moby is the most snuggly feeling, and it's a lot easier to use than I thought. But whenever I put it on, the ends drag on the floor while I'm getting it tied, and I don't feel awesome about that on public floors. Also, I feel like once I get her in there, it's impossible to get her out! Something I like about the moby though - it's almost like wearing a shirt, so it's easy to go out in a tight camisole and not have to worry about how the fabric is bunching up and showing off love handles.

At this point I generally use the carrier when I want to be snuggled up with her, but still get some work done. In the future though, I definitely see the ergo as my long term carrier of choice.
March 24th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the Moby and the Baby Bjorn I love the Moby and have never used the BBjorn. I can put Kingston is the Moby and he will always go to sleep. The only time I used the Bjorn it was just to try it out and Kingston was still a little underweight and he didn't care for it. I'll have to try it again now that he's bigger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search