Suddenly drooly fussy baby?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 2 Post By Lil_Mama2B
  • 3 Post By Hoping4bby
  • 2 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
So Alayna has not been a drooly baby at all until the past two days she has been drooling everywhere! like enough to soak her clothes and drip down my back while Im holding her. Shes also been fussier than usual. Is there another reason babies may start drooling crazy amounts and being fussy besides teething? Isnt 2mnths way too early for teething?

March 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I have wondered this too. DD was a drooly mess all the time and she didn't get her 1st tooth until she was 11 months old. We began just putting a bib on her all the time so that she wouldn't soak thru her clothes. You should see- every pic of her the 1st year of her life, she was wearing a bib. Mind you, I made sure that they all color- coordinated with her cute outfits

Her brother seems to be prepping to follow in her footsteps. His tongue is always out like a little dog and he already blows spit bubbles

March 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure. I was just about to post something sorta like this.

Not to hijack your thread but Marshall has been a little fussier than normal and is chewing on his hands ALOT! He also chews on his bottle nipple if he's not eating it. I was wondering if he was starting to teeth or if he had just discovered his hands?

March 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS1 drooled like crazy from 3-6 months. We always had a bib on him and he would soak through them. His first tooth didnt come in until he was one lol so I dont think his early drooling was related to teething at all

March 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Hmm ok so its not neccessarily connected to teething. And shes been doing the same thing chewing on everything that comes near her mouth. I just read that its around this time that the salivary glands are developing so that explains the drool.. maybe they are fussy because they are covered in drool and cant figure out why? lol she has definitely found her hands. she is chewing on them constantly!
Sawyers_Mommy and Hoping4bby like this.

March 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got my weekly email from babycenter.com and was wondering about Kingstons drool too I'm not sure what the fussiness is about but here's an article that addresses the drool!! (under the 2 month 2 week old tab)

Break out the bibs
Your baby's salivary glands have been working since she was in utero, but you may notice that she's started to drool. She's also putting everything in her mouth and producing more saliva than she can swallow.

This doesn't mean that your baby's teething just yet, though — that probably won't happen for another two weeks, at least. The vast majority of babies sprout their first tooth between 4 and 7 months of age. If your baby's an early developer, you may see her first white cap, usually one of the bottom two middle teeth, as early as 3 months. (And in rare cases, a baby's first tooth is visible at birth!)

Many parents permanently affix a bib to their baby about now to catch the drool. Just remember to take it off when your baby sleeps to prevent strangulation.

The good news is that your baby's drool coats toys and other objects with disease-preventing proteins. That's fortunate — since she'll continue to explore anything she can get her hands on.

March 18th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post

Not to hijack your thread but Marshall has been a little fussier than normal and is chewing on his hands ALOT! He also chews on his bottle nipple if he's not eating it. I was wondering if he was starting to teeth or if he had just discovered his hands?

David's been doing that too!!!!

March 18th, 2013, 08:41 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post

Vivi is doing the same thing!!! I can't tell if she is hungry or just into her hands. They always are in her mouth and she's drooling all over them. She also is eating more but it's taking longer because she keeps trying to put her hands in her mouth or she just plays with the bottle. We are thinkin of trying the stage 2 nipple for the bottle because it flows faster and maybe she's sick of waiting for it to come out but I really don't know
missadie222 and Xtapolapocet like this.

March 18th, 2013, 09:46 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4bby View Post
I just got my weekly email from babycenter.com and was wondering about Kingstons drool too I'm not sure what the fussiness is about but here's an article that addresses the drool!! (under the 2 month 2 week old tab)

Break out the bibs
Your baby's salivary glands have been working since she was in utero, but you may notice that she's started to drool. She's also putting everything in her mouth and producing more saliva than she can swallow.

This doesn't mean that your baby's teething just yet, though — that probably won't happen for another two weeks, at least. The vast majority of babies sprout their first tooth between 4 and 7 months of age. If your baby's an early developer, you may see her first white cap, usually one of the bottom two middle teeth, as early as 3 months. (And in rare cases, a baby's first tooth is visible at birth!)

Many parents permanently affix a bib to their baby about now to catch the drool. Just remember to take it off when your baby sleeps to prevent strangulation.

The good news is that your baby's drool coats toys and other objects with disease-preventing proteins. That's fortunate — since she'll continue to explore anything she can get her hands on.
Thanks for posting that! It makes sense now!
Hoping4bby likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Salivary glands and also reflux babies tend to have more saliva in their mouths!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius discovered his thumb the other day, He's been drooling a lot lately as well, I read somewhere that the drool also helps to start getting their little digestive track ready and primed for solids later on.
March 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Quote:
Vivi is doing the same thing!!! I can't tell if she is hungry or just into her hands.
My little Vyv is too! He has been sucking those things like crazy lately!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search