Sleep regression?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Expecting #1
Ember has always been a good sleeper at night and now is sleeping 8-10 hours at night. Her bedtime was between 11-1230 so I've been working really hard to move that time up. I had been getting her down between 10/1030 so it was good progress. We are also trying to let her sleep in her crib. Well two nights ago she would not go to sleep. She just laid in her crib for 30 minutes then would stir and make noises so I went in there before she started to cry to soothe her and rinse repeat until 130. She slept until 445 and then I just brought her in my room to her swing where she slept until we woke her at 945. Last night I started bedtime around 830, like I had been and same thing until 1030 so I just figured I'd put her in the swing to get her to bed earlier. I need to get her to sleep earlier and I can worry about where she sleeps later, well all my normal getting to sleep tricks didn't work. She was up until 1230. She usually falls asleep right away in her swing. Then she was up at 145. I pulled her in bed with me and she is still sleeping at 730. Yesterday she didn't nap more than 3x and no longer than 30 minutes. I feared she would be cranky because she would be so tired but she was just laying there not wanting to sleep. She only would make noise every 20-30 minutes because her paci fell out so I would pop it back in her mouth and she would just lay there.

Is this a sleep regression? I just can't understand why she wouldn't go to sleep and stay asleep for a long time.

March 25th, 2013, 06:12 AM
rjae84's Avatar Veteran
i don't know.. but i hope it gets better for you guys soon!! baby sleep routines change a lot.. but hopefully this is just a bad few days

March 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker has been having some bad nights recently too, but then again he has NEVER been a good sleeper anyways (oh how I wish he were). I haven't heard about sleep regressions, but anything is possible with how much these little ones change. Hoping it passes for both of us soon though!

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
March 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I know sleep regressions are common at certain ages but I can't recall when. Probably totally normal.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe the change from the her original sleep area to the crib has just thrown her off a bit? I know Latham has started fighting sleep a bit, well not really fighting it but instead of being able to lay him down drowsy and him drift off he awakens and plays with his hands for thirty minutes then wants to wiggle.

March 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-...ep-regression/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search