Formula Fed Babies.....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
How many ounces of formula does your LO have at each feeding?

How often do they eat?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi generally does 4-4.5 during the day and goes anywhere from 3-4 hours between feedings. Before bed at night we do 5ish and she sleeps basically through the night. This am she took 6 tho! Granted then she slept 5am-9:15 am, girl was hungry! It depends on the day though and if she's backed up or something. Some days wer're back down to 3-3.5. All depends!

March 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
6 oz per bottle every 3-4 hours ( minus his long afternoon nap). Then at night he gets a bottle at around 9 and sleeps till we get up for work and feed him at about 6am.

March 25th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually 4oz every 2, occasionally 3hrs. But the past few days I'm doing good to get him to eat 3oz about every 2-3hrs. Not sure whats going on. Plus it's taking him FORVER to eat a bottle! I'm pretty sure the hole needs bigger but I tried the medium flow and it poured out too fast so idk what to do about that.

March 25th, 2013, 08:36 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
4 ozs. Sometimes 3 oz. Every once in a while she will take 6 oz, but rarely.

She usually goes every 2-3 hours except at night (she sleeps from about 10 or 11 to 6 or 7) and when she takes her long afternoon/evening nap.

March 26th, 2013, 05:24 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan is taking 5 oz (at 11 wks old) still every 2-3 hours. He's also moved up to medium flow nipples. Daycare folks mentioned it was taking him well over 30 minutes to finish a bottle and with 7 other babies it was just too long. He seems to have adjusted fine.

March 26th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Dee
At 3 months and 11 pounds, J takes 3-4 oz at a time, every 3-4 hours during the day. He takes between 20-24 oz in a 24 hour period. His formula is mixed to 22 calories per ounce so he doesn't need to drink more to get all of his calories.

I'm trying to get him to drink a little more at a time so we can get to feeding him less frequently, but so far, no dice. (And at only 11 pounds, I'm guessing his belly isn't big enough to hold 6 oz at a time?)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search