The Case of the Missing AF

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By mal91011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm almost 11 weeks PP, haven't pumped since she was 2 weeks old and still no AF! I have never wanted my period so badly in my life!

I have had some sharp pains, almost like ovulating or something over the past few weeks and of course I started jumping to the "what if's" like What if it's a cyst? What if it's endometriocious? What if I have some crazy medical illness like you only find on TV shows like House? So to the OB I went today.

Of course the first thing they question is my shady birth control of pull and pray or condoms. And that leads to a pregnancy test. I jokingly tell the nurse to not come back if it's positive or if she does come back with smelling salts because I will pass out.

And then 5 minutes go by.

And I am sweating...a lot.

And finally she walks back in...and it was negative. PHEW. Apparently they were just backed up in the lab in the office. Bad time to be waiting for something like that lol. At first, and this is odd, at first I was almost disappointed to hear a negative, but I think that's because I've been used to crossing my fingers for that positive. Anyway next step was an exam and everything seems fine so I am on medication to try and force my period to start. Hopefully if there is a cyst or if my body is just being funky this will regulate it, but I'll know better in a couple weeks.

C'mon AF I'm ready for ya!

Anyone else still waitin' on the the witch?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
That sounds a little scary. Is there any need for worry?

March 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Mine is back to her monthly visits. In full force, I might add. It's different in every woman... Mine came back around 8weeks PP both times.
It's funny how when we want to get pregnant, we are praying she doesn't arrive. Yet when we don't want to be pregnant, we anxiously await her arrival.
After my "scare" last month, I was never so happy to see the witch!
MammaWannaBe likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Your period will probably be out of whack for a awhile. After I stopped bfing, it took 3-4 months to get regular. I was taking pregnancy tests all the time bc I was so scared.

FlowerChildAcc on Etsy
March 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minalyn View Post
That sounds a little scary. Is there any need for worry?
I don't think so. Basically my OB thinks that the meds will start my period and then everything will kick back into gear and all will be fine. If for some reason my period doesn't start and I keep having what feels like ovulation pain, then I will have a sonogram. He says it's like 90% that this will clear everything up and my body just needs a kick start so I hope that is the case! It's hard to not be worried about the what if's this doesn't solve it, but I have to just hope for the best! He said that sometimes people get right back like clockwork and sometimes they don't. C'mon witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa500 View Post
Your period will probably be out of whack for a awhile. After I stopped bfing, it took 3-4 months to get regular. I was taking pregnancy tests all the time bc I was so scared.

FlowerChildAcc on Etsy
Thanks for the advice. I only pumped for 2 weeks so maybe that delayed things longer? I'm not too sure

March 25th, 2013, 07:25 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
My PP bleeding stopped at about 5 1/2 weeks, and my AF started 2-3 days later, and that lasted nearly 2 weeks. Joy.

I just stopped my 2nd AF since then.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The longer the better, IMO. LoL.

I sure didn't miss the cramps, bloating, monthly breakouts and migraines. Ugh.

March 25th, 2013, 08:10 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
What if it's endometriocious?
I've had endometriosis since I was a teen. The best part about having a baby is that the hormonal state that your body goes thru lessens the pain of endo post-partum. It was about 5 years after DD before my symptoms returned.

Not sure about AF for ya. I wish mine had stayed away that long, but no- she checked back in at 6 weeks like clockwork.

March 25th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Wowzer I can't even imagine that. I hope the pain stays away from you.

Honestly my biggest fear is not being able to have another child. I love Vivi but I really want to give her a sibling. I know I can do that via adoption but I guess I just selfishly want to have another baby.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but that fear is hard to ignore. The pills should bring on my period in a week-ten days so praying that happens

March 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I was having a lot of sharp ovulation type pains and after examining me my ob thought it might be in internal incisions from the c sections fully healing up. Not really sure that I believe her because that seemed weird.

Hope af shows for you soon!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope AF shows for you soon. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. AF and all our womanly issues are always so wonky after having a baby. I've had 2 AF's so far but the second one was SO weird, really just like spotting spread out over several days. Oh well, it'll all even out eventually. I can understand your fear, too. When we were trying for our second, we had so many losses and issues and I was so sad thinking that we would never have another child and that my little boy wouldn't have a sibling; my hubby was ok with that but I sure wasn't. Anyway here I am 2 kiddos later. Sometimes our bodies just get out of whack for awhile. The joys of being a woman!

March 26th, 2013, 06:50 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had it but I'm EBF. I did take a test this week though! It was neg.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

March 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Dee
I'm 3 months PP and nothing. I had spotting once, but that's it, and it almost looked like implantation spotting. I worked on breastfeeding and pumping until 3/15, but was never successful enough to think of it as something that might affect AF. Still, could have been that? Not sure.

So, still waiting. I've never been regular, so I'm not all that worried. Yet.
March 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I think any bit if pumping it what not could effect it not to come. I've always been really regular which is why this is so weird. I have all the signs of an AF coming with blemishes and cramps but I'm not sure if that's just side effects if the progesterone stuff I'm now on. Only day 2 of it so fingers crossed that its any day now and I get bac to normal and same to you too D_tops!

March 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I think the pumping has something to do with it. My 1st 2 kids I formula fed, never even tried to Bf them and AF showed before my 6 week PP appt. With Sophia I breastfeed her on and off for a few weeks and pumped and AF just showed recently. Sophia will be 3 months on the 6th......I don't think you have anything to worry about.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Thank goodness I am NOT waiting on AF lol. She finally showed around 8wks PP and then I got the IUD in .

I should be getting my 2nd one this coming weekend or sometime. I did have some spotting this past week with a bit of cramping so I'm wondering if that was ovulation spotting or just something to do with the Paragard.
March 27th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still waiting for AF to show, my body is playing mind games with me. I keep getting ovulation type pains followed by cramping and a few blemishes and I go yes it's coming and then all then nothing and that has happened at least 3 times since my PP bleeding has stopped 6 weeks ago. I was happy not having AF for so long but now I just wish she'd show up already.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search