When to move up diaper sizes?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By mamaginger
  • 2 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By joellejello

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 05:54 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So when do you move up diaper sizes? Vivi is probably around 12 1/2 lbs at this point and 2 1/2 months old. We're in 1's and have been for awhile. They seem to fit fine around the tummy but I notice more diaper marks around her thighs. Is this a sign they are too tight and we should move up a size? Wouldn't there be marks anywhere from the diaper pressing against her clothing and skin or be dependent on the position she's in?

What are your babies in at this point?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 26th, 2013, 06:02 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I wondered about this when we were deciding if B needed to move from NB to 1s. He was getting red marks, but only when DH put them on. But then he started getting them all the time and then the leaks and blowouts started. It was sort of the combo of the leaks/blowouts and the red marks that made us switch. Before we did, though, we tried the next size up on and off until we made the perm switch. We are on 1s now. Bax is probably 11ish lbs if I had to guess (haven't been to ped in a while, but we go next week)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You move up when all the free size 1s from your shower run out and all you have left are 2s! Lol!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

March 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan Is In 2S At 11 Weeks. He Wasn'T In Ones Long.

Side Note: I DoNt Know Why Every Word Is Capitalizing :/

March 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Super Mommy
felix is 13 1/2 pounds and he wears size 1 and 2, it honestly just depends on whats handy because they both fit lol

March 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I think you will just know.....like when the diaper is starting to get too snug and difficult to put on her properly and maybe experience some leaks. Sophia went to the dr yesterday and she is 11 pounds 3 ounces and is in a size 1 Luvs diaper.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 26th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done what Mamaginger has done seems like when I go to buy a pack of diapers I realize he needs to go up a size and that I have some of that size from my baby shower! Kingston is still in size ones but when those run out I will be moving up to size 2. I can usually start to tell when the tabs on the sides move farther and farther apart you can also just go by the weight recommendations on the side of the boxes. That's kinda what made me feel better about going up a size originally!

March 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Also, not sure what diapers you use or if it even matters but Huggies makes a size 1-2, for when you are in between diapers.....not sure where they sell them but someone gave me a pack and I think that is a great idea....I don't like Huggies but you may.

Here they are on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Snug-D...ggies+size+1-2

Here they are on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Snug-D...ggies+size+1-2

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
March 27th, 2013, 05:14 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I wish I knew about these a couple weeks ago! Baxter was right in between sizes and these would have been great! Brilliant idea!
MammaWannaBe and mommysc2 like this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 27th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Before Julius was born Babies R Us had a pampers baby dry mega pack(132 diapers) sale so I bought 3 boxes and had no clue what size to buy so I just bought the smallest that I found size 3 midi(9-20lbs) and he's wearing them now. He was in NB for 1 week and in S1 for 1 month.

March 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done like some of the other ladies. Moved up a size when I ran out of the smaller size, lol. Linc is in size 2's right now, but 1's still fit him just fine too.

March 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're pretty firmly in a Target size 1 and Luvs Size 2, which are pretty much identical to each other. I'm getting ready to move her up to the largest rise snap on her NB Alva's too. I know I switched my son when he started having blowouts an leaking a lot, he needed the greater absorbancy of the bigger sizes.
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Veteran
Winnie's poo has been leaking out the back of her Pampers size 1, they are soon to run out and then I'll move on to the 2s I have. She is only a hair over 11 pounds now, but maybe Pampers run smaller?

March 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar #2 due in May
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaney View Post
Winnie's poo has been leaking out the back of her Pampers size 1, they are soon to run out and then I'll move on to the 2s I have. She is only a hair over 11 pounds now, but maybe Pampers run smaller?
I moved Juliana up to size 2s when she was just over 11 pounds due to blow outs. We also use Pampers - maybe you are right?
Baby #2

Juliana Rose, born 1/7/13
March 28th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I'd judge it based off a combo of snug fit and blowouts. I think when the blowouts go up the back often, it might be time for a larger size. Lucy is in a pampers size 1. I haven't tried the 2's yet, but it may be time soon.
I remember DD1 basically skipped over size 1. I had bought a huge pack of 1's and promptly decided they were too small. So now I try to buy smaller packs when I know we're approaching time to switch sizes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search