My life...and a few questions

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By nursingmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 07:44 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I finally got both kids to bed at a decent hour and have decided to spend my free time updating my mommy friends. I actually have TWO hands to type with since I'm not BF or holding baby. I get on here and read posts but usually can't post much myself.

I don't think I ever did a 2 month appt post....Mollie weighed 12 lbs 13 oz and was 24 inches. That was a couple weeks ago now and I'm sure chunk has gained at least another pound! Lol! I talked to the dr. about all the throwing up, gagging, hiccuping, etc. He said as long as she's happy, not in pain and gaining weight that she didn't need Zantac or anything. He said I could try eliminating dairy for 10 days and then add it back to prove that was what caused it but I could tell he didn't really think that's what it was. He called her a "happy spitter" and sent us on our way.

Just a few days after that she pretty much stopped throwing up! I didn't do anything different. In fact, I think I ate MORE dairy. I'm starting to think it was just something developmental and she's over it now. I'm so glad but I don't want to jinx anything! It's only been two weeks. She still does normal little baby spit up but no more let's all go change clothes and mop the floor now spit up.

I would definitely say she was kind of a high maintenance baby at first but man, she has gotten so much easier the past couple weeks. I really think whatever was causing all of her throwing up was making her more fussy and wanting to eat every 1-2 hrs and up several times a night. Just in the last week she started sleeping 8-10 hours a night without making a peep! Relief!!! And OMG....she smiles ALL THE TIME!! I love it!!! She is so happy!! She coos and almost laughs when you talk to her. I think I kiss her about a million times a day. I just love her to death. She is so sweet.

Are your babies smiling a lot?

I also wanted to ask about silly nicknames or songs any of you have for your LOs. My husband was calling her Mollie Mollie one night and somehow that turned into Mahi Mahi (lol!) so now all three of us keep calling her Mahi. Don't worry...we still call her Mollie or Mae Mae or something more normal. It won't stick. . We called my poor son Dentyne and Dentina for months. His name is Denton. now we just call him Dent or Dent Dent.

Between homeschooling my son, BF/taking care of Mollie, attempting to cook and keep my house straight....I barely have one second to myself. I get online while I'm feeding her but mostly just to read. I'm sitting here looking at a basket full of clothes I need to fold and my whole family is asleep except for me. I'm still working two days a week for my dad but the kids go with me. We've got homeschool group on Tuesdays and church Sundays so I'm really only home all day about 3 days a week. I LOVE those days! It's really hard to get it together to go anywhere. By the time I cook breakfast, eat, feed Mollie, take a shower, do homeschool, feed Mollie again...etc....etc...it's like the whole day is gone and its time to get dinner ready.

Anyway.....I have another issue to discuss and ask about but it's one for the Lollipop Woods. :/

Here's a recent pic of my babies!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

March 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Glad you popped in and Mollie is growing good!

Marshall spits up a ton too and I'm hopefully he out grows it soon. I'm also jealous of your 8-10 uninterrupted sleep lol.

Your kiddos are cute! You can for sure tell they are sibilings!
mamaginger likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers_Mommy View Post
Glad you popped in and Mollie is growing good!

Marshall spits up a ton too and I'm hopefully he out grows it soon. I'm also jealous of your 8-10 uninterrupted sleep lol.

Your kiddos are cute! You can for sure tell they are sibilings!

She literally went from sleeping 2-3 hrs a night to 10!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

March 26th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Ok just realized how missed some words in that reply LOL sorry!

DS1 NEVER got up every 2hrs, he got up about every 4hrs then by two months old he was sleeping from about 9 or 10pm til 8 or 9am. Marshall on the other hand has gotten up every 2hrs and now still gets ups once or twice at night. I was so hopeful that he would sleep through the night like DS1 but no such luck yet lol.
March 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
your babies are so cute and I agree that they look alike. Im glad Mollie isnt spitting up as much and is a smiley baby. My little Felix is pretty serious but we can tease a smile out of him every once in awhile, he gets reflux a lot though so I think that has a lot to do with it.
I love the nickname! We call Felix "Fe-Fe" because thats how DS1 pronounces his name lol
mamaginger likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Expecting #1
Glad the spitting up got better. We call Ember peanut and peanut brittle a lot. I like Mahi as a nickname, it's fun!! Your kiddos are very cute

March 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the pic of the kiddos together. <3

DS gave Taylor one of her kinda nicknmes. He always adds an s to her name, so she gets called Taylors. We also call her Sister or Sis a lot. And just T.

March 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
So adorable! I think the nickname is cutie!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 27th, 2013, 06:52 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your kids are so cute! I'm glad to hear things are going well and that her little system seems to have settled.

I also think Mahi Mahi is super funny (and cute!). It's so funny how those nicknames pop up.

We started calling Vivienne, Vivi, naturally, and then we started to call her Chunk because when we burp her she makes this chipmunk face so we called it "Chunk Face." Then because she loves to munch away on her bottle we call her Munchie. And finally, out of frustration one night, and I feel bad admitting this, my DH called her Shmunk as he was trying to say Stupid Chunk (to me not to the baby lol) and so we started calling her Shumnk.

Poor kid, don't you think we could have found her a cute nickname? We'll have to work on that so we don't give her a complex lol

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search