My mother is a freak of nature..

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
So I posted last week that my mother had a baby on March 15th. She is 41 yrs old and now has 2 children..and exactly 2 stretch marks! She got one stretch mark from each of us on her boobs. meanwhile I am 21 and COVERED in stretch marks.. what the heck?! Shes 13 days out from c section and has a totally flat tummy already too.

had to rant.. so not fair! lol

March 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is soooo not fair. I know when my mom was pregnant with me she didn't get a single stretch mark even though she gained 60lbs and she bounced right back to her size 5 self...I on the other hand have a giant hanging pouch, stretch marks from head to toe and can wear my maternity pants and still look pregnant in them..errggggg
March 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea my mother had 3 kids and NO stretch marks. Of course I wouldn't be as fortunate - my belly is covered in stretch marks and I have nice extra hangy flab to match. UGH!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

March 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom also has no stretch marks...I was not so lucky. Plus I have this hang over skin that I am pretty sure is never going back. :/

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 27th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I too have the saggy skin pooch. It has been slowly getting better though. I found this workout that I do when Alayna goes down for a nap. Its a crunch-less 10 min ab workout. Since I had the c section my midwife cautioned against doing strenuous ab exercises like crunches for a few more months to let the stitches heal completely. Here it is if anyone wants to do it too. I think it has definitely been helping me. I have lost all my baby weight except 2 lbs! yay for that. just that darn little pooch I have left to work on...

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/exer...bs-Workout/av/

March 28th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I lucked out with the stretch marks, but I have the poochie tummy that I don't think will ever fully go away
I am so envious of women who bounce back to a flat tummy right away.
Although I was looking at a magazine yesterday and saw Gisele with her 3 month old. She was in a bikini and looked great if course, but her tummy was still poochie. That was reassuring to see- that even super models are human! (And I'm not dissing her at all, she looks great- she just had a baby, she SHOULD have a little belly left!)
March 28th, 2013, 04:58 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I got lucky in the stretch mark area but I also have that annoying pooch. And my belly button looks all big, dark, and funny now!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran
I only ended up with stretch marks on my boobs. They hurt!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search