No longer pumping

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 09:03 PM
wickerhart's Avatar Veteran
Yeah so being a mommy is awesome! what sucks is about a month ago I could pump enough breast milk to feed twins easy... now... nothing. Gabriel is now on formula, and I can maybe give him 4 oz a day, so I have decided to stop trying, it takes too much effort to pump four ounces a day and most of his (all of his milk) is now formula. I feel really crappy about it. I've heard of re-lactation and I think I might try that once we get his tongue snipped... The reason why he couldn't breastfeed was because he couldn't latch on due to him being tongue tied. What really killed my milk supply was that we got custody of my niece and nephew again and I really don't have time to stop and pump and not watch them for any amount of time, they will destroy the house. Gabriel is already into 3-6 month stuff, in a size 2 diaper. Anyway just a little update! need to go clean the house! love yall!

2/18/12 (7weeks)

March 27th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Wow you sound busy!
I know it's SO hard to not feel guilty when you stop BF'ing. I've BTDT! The guilt will linger for a long time. But in the grand scheme of things, it's going to be fine! You are feeding your baby, and being a great caregiver to your niece and nephew. Someday the guilt will all be a distant memory.
KUP on the relactation though. Thanks for the update!
March 28th, 2013, 05:56 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Busy is right, wow! Don't stress about it. Your bambino is getting nourishment, and that's all that matters! Its all a balancing act and it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel bad! (I know easier said than done). I really struggled with giving up on pumping, but at the end of the day, she is healthy, formula is perfectly fine, and I'm not killing myself trying to pump. It's hard when pumping is the only way to keep up your supply because as you said, you are not breastfeeding, so it's even that much harder to try and communicate with your body to keep producing milk. Also, some people just stop producing earlier than others. A lot of moms who bf have to switch to formula after awhile so do not feel bad! You're doing what's best for your family and the fact that you have two other children in the mix cannot be easy.

Keep doing what you're doing mama! Glad to hear your little one is doing well and growing like a weed it sounds like!

March 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in the exact same boat! I have been pumping for Parker but I'm awful at finding time and my supply has definitely suffered. He gets 2-4 breastmilk bottles a day but that's really all I can scrounge up. I feel awful as well and my guilt keeps me from completely stopping pumping, but it would be so much easier if I could just get over it and move on to the formula full time!

You are doing great though hun, try not to worry, little one is perfectly healthy and happy.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search