Fitness Check-In

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By minalyn
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Lil_Mama2B
  • 1 Post By Babyschultz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 08:37 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Omg as I was REALLY pushing myself to finish 15 minutes on the stair climber I thought of you ladies! I know I haven't succeeded in any major weight loss (2lbs here) but I thought we could all just chat about how it's going. My girlfriend challenged a few of us to a 90 day challenge. There's no prize involved (except RESULTS) and we have to take before and after pictures. I thought I'd invite you all to join in. After the 90 days we're supposed to post our results on FB for eachother to see. We could keep it on this forum though So I took that challenge serious and avoided all candy yesterday! That is REALLY hard because my shop chief keeps a FULL platter of it in the back office and I see it like 100 times a day. I even grabbed ti chocolate eggs when I got here yesterday but then ended up putting them back. After dinner I was going to eat a kiss and I put that back too. For some reason I've really decided to take this challenge serious. This morning before work (since getting up early is SO easy for a new mom, lol) I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the stair master, which was SO hard but I managed to finish and did 99 floors! And that stair master burns a lot of calories FYI.

Please encourage your fellow mom and let share what YOU'RE doing!
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, when I was still home I was trying to walk every couple of days. My hubby is trying to lose some of his "sympathy" preggo weight too so he has been taking walks on his lunch break. To keep us motivated he got these little pedometers that sync with the computer and it tells how many steps you take and how many calories you burn. You can use it in conjunction with my fitness pal so that you can see how many calories you take in vs how much you burn off in activity.

These little things are so cool; it's about the size of a quarter so I clip mine into the center of my bra and wear it all day. My daily goal is 10,000 steps (about 4 miles) and burning 2000 calories. Now that I've gone back to work I hit my goal every day and then some because I'm on my feet and running around the store and up and down the stairs. It's just a great way to hold yourself accountable and make sure you're not just loafing around.

Also, when I do go for a walk for exercise I found an app for my phone called Charity Miles. You chose a charity that you want to support from the list, start the app, and either walk, run, or bike. Bikers earn 10˘ a mile and walkers and runners earn 25˘ a mile for your charity.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
how awesome is that?! Also 3,000 claories equals a pound so if you're meeting your goal you should be doing great!

March 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats to both you ladies for getting active! Honestly I have been dreading joining the gym--my body feels so crazy, plus I'm still nervous about leaving her in the nursery area. AND I am having a cyst on my wrist that developed during pregnancy removed tomorrow so I can't do a lot with my hands in terms of lifting for two weeks anyway :/

Anyway a 90 day challenge sounds like a really cool idea. I feel like when you are working towards a goal with an end date, it gives you something to focus on and you work harder.

I've been trying REALLY hard to work on my diet and it's so hard! I've been buying a lot more fresh fruit and veggies, chopping them up, and grabbing them for a quick snack. I also have all natural, organic, no salt peanut butter for a snack, almonds to grab, and really just trying to have healthy, fresh, unprocessed food to eat as much as possible. I'm doing these smoothies in the am for breakfast that really fill me up and trying to just do salads for lunch. I LOVE caprese salads and today I added half an avocado to it and it was amazing.

I'm also walking with the baby (goal is an hour every other day). It's a good excuse to get out doors and I get a lot of work phone calls out of the way then.

I really need to join the gym though. I looked in the mirror today and I'm wearing my yoga pants and my thighs look massive and I know what my tummy looks like underneath. I wanted to just lay down and cry. The body issues post pregnancy are hitting me a LOT harder than I thought. I was not expecting this.

Sorry for my ramble, this is a really great idea for a thread though and maybe we can look into a 90 day challenge for all us mommies who want to participate. A weekly weigh in, tips for whats working, whats not, support, etc. Biggest Loser JM Style except EVERYONE wins!
minalyn likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 28th, 2013, 02:42 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Kudos to you ladies! I get my workout by walking the Safari Park with Bax & stroller. I go a few times a week and probably walk a total of anywhere from 1-3 miles while there. It's hilly too, so that makes it more of a workout. I need to drop my dark chocolate peanut M&M habit though ...
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 28th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I jumped on the workout wagon 2 weeks ago and am currently working hard and staying on track. I have been lifting weights, doing cardo and eating clean. Monday I am starting LiveFit by Jamie Eason which should be interesting. I am only 4 lbs from my pre-preg weight, but want to lose some stored fat and get toned.

I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to work out because evening time is Peyton's fussy time. It isn't too bad since I tend to go to bed earlier with her because we are still co-sleeping.

I am just using home equipment. I have a treadmill, stationary bike and free weights.

March 28th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I started working out 3 weeks ago. I have no control when it comes to eating habits so I dont even try diets or cutting down foods I like lol. I do a 10 min ab workout everyday, its low impact so I dont strain like with crunches since I'm still sore in some areas from the c-section. I posted the link in another thread but here it is again
Crunchless Abs Routine ? Crunch Free Abs Workout, Fitness Blender
I definitely like it and recommend it to anyone that isnt feeling quite up to crunches or sit ups yet. I also try to walk 2-3 times a week. Usually for an hour each time. I have a bad habit of leaving the stroller in hubbys car though so I'm kind of slacking on the walking lately. I also do little exercises whenever I can. I'll sit somewhere to rock her and do little mini crunches while I rock her to sleep, or if shes doing her tummy time I'll get on the floor with her and do various exercises. Only 2 lbs left to lose! My concern is the sagging skin pooch though mainly.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lil Mama thank you for sharing that link I'm going to try it! I still feel funny from my c section and don't want to push it because I don't feel totally healed and I'm having some cramping and post partum AF issues. I can't wait to get back on track though. Lol you the eating part can be tough. I really cannot diet but I'm trying to do little things each day to modify how I eat and just to eat a little cleaner so I don't feel as bad when I sneak a cookie (or five)

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 28th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I joined a gym and was going 3-4x a week but because of some family things going on and me being in pain from my wisdom teeth being removed, I haven't been in 2wks. So far I've lost 4lbs and am 4lbs from my pre pregnancy weight but I still have a ton more to lose after I reach that goal. Only 4. more. pounds. til my first goal! Yay!

I feel soooo fat and embarrassed that I haven't been but I can't really help it right now. I went to go yesterday and got there at 10:30, daycare closes at 10:15 and opens back up at 4:00pm so I didn't get to go. I'm gonna try and get up in time to in the morning but idk yet.
March 29th, 2013, 01:26 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm actually quiting my gym til next winter. Working full time and adjusting to motherhood leaves me no chance to workout. Not if I want to spend time with my little guy in the evenings.

We'll spend a lot of the summer walking, and I've already been working on my portion control. Actually the ppd helped out a lot with that! Mainly I need to work on toning.

March 29th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have an elliptical here at the house and I go to the gym once a week when my daughter has tumbling. Yesterday I ran around the track while watching her for a good 35 minutes. I was proud of myself for making it that long without walking. We will continue our walks outside now that is starting to get nice out. I also like to do the just dance games on the Wii. I still have a good 10 pounds to lose.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
My cesction is not healing like it suppose to so I'm only able to walk for like 10-15 min I go back to the doctor monday so hopefully I will get cleared to exercise. It's so hard because I really want to lose the last 15 pounds asap!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search