How has your body changed?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 02:49 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Other than the normals like hips have spread out, has anything dramatically changed with your body?

For me the biggest thing has been my body temp. I've always been a pretty cold person but it's gotten terrible!! Before I'd get warm at night and would only sleep in a t shirt. Now I have to sleep with pants and a sweatshirt. And socks!! Otherwise I freeze and can't sleep.

March 29th, 2013, 03:35 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me it's mostly those body changes. Seriously I don't know where these thighs/hips came from. My legs were always my redeeming feature and now I really don't recognize them!

Other than that I guess the biggest thing is that I haven't cycled regularly and for me I was always the person who cycled to a T even when not on birth control and I had lighter periods with not super heavy cramping. Now I don't know what to expect although I am cramping but that might be from the meds I'm taking to start my cycle.

Also sidenote, Meg, did you notice that we essentially have the same photo of our children making an "oooo" face for our babytime line photos? haha

March 29th, 2013, 03:45 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I totally had the temp thing for the first 6 weeks. I was constantly cranking up the heat in the house to like 80. It was ridiculously hot. Luckily that seems to have fizzled out, it was driving me nuts.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 29th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly mines just outward changes. Mostly all the stretch marks. I seriously have them in like a ton of places! My belly is the worst, but I noticed yesterday I have some underneath one of my arms . I also hate that alot of these stretch marks have appeared AFTER giving birth!

March 29th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The biggest change for me this time around is my hair. My hair has always been super fine and straight as a board. I got my hair cut off and now have wavy hair. Not sure where it came from, but hope it stays. It has made me go from hating my hair to being able to do something with it.

I also still have the crooked black line down my stomach.

My skin on my belly hasn't really gained much elasticity yet which is beginning to make me really nervous. I have almost lost all my baby weight but my skin around my belly button is pretty wrinkly looking.

March 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just fatter and clumsier... Lol

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

March 29th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The worst thing for me has been that my body feels like I'm about 80 years old some days. Any time I've been sitting for very long and I get up, I hobble around for a few minutes until the stiffness goes away. All of my joints are stiff and painful and it's driving me crazy.

March 29th, 2013, 11:50 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
Any time I've been sitting for very long and I get up, I hobble around for a few minutes until the stiffness goes away.
Oh my, yes. This! I went from running marathons to this! Crazy.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I guess for me it's the normal stuff like boobs and belly. I'm actually going to talk to the Dr. about getting my second breast reduction. My breast just feel so heavy on my chest and I fele like I would be more comfortable physically with smaller breasts. I want the C's they promised me 4 years ago!

March 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have the black line too! WTH?!

March 29th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Its so weird everyone is saying they are cold. I am always sweating now! before I got pregnant I was the one that was always freezing everywhere we went,like even in the summer in florida I would be wearing a jacket allot! Now if its hotter than 70 degrees I feel like I am going to have a heat stroke.. I need to move to another state! lol I drive DH crazy because I always have the air on now. I like it set at like 67 but of course he freaks out about the power bill so we compromised and we keep the air set at 72 now..so Im basically naked all day and night. but other than that and the stretch marks my face has been breaking out pretty bad, so annoying.

March 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My face has been breaking out too! Its so annoying and happened after DS1 also. I deal with major thyroid fluctuations after having a baby so I go from freezing my butt off to feeling like im gonna have heat stroke and then back to freezing. I have that stupid black line on my tummy and although im back to my prepregnancy weight my tummy is not tight at all... i do abs but still feel like the skin is just loose and then like everyone else my hips and boobs are way different lol

March 30th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say my hips and belly have changed the most. I didn't have any stretch marks at all until a few weeks after I gave birth and now I only have stretch marks on the lower left side f my belly. It feels weird and make the left side droop just a little. It's been hard for me to fit back into anything and harder to loose weight that usual.

March 30th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I still have the black line too! WTH?!
I had it for over a year post partum after Dd1. I don't think I got one this time around though? I haven't noticed. Maybe I'm just used to it.
The biggest change for me is a mooshy tummy. It's just stretched out. Also, I'm having trouble losing more weight even though I eat very well. Gotta boost up the workouts.
March 30th, 2013, 07:08 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh ditto to the stiffness and joint pain! My knees kill me now! Its gradually getting better though so I have hope.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

April 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the super mooshy tummy as well. But my biggest complaint is the horrible pain in my left heel, it started in my 3rd trimester, and I had hoped it would go away after giving birth and dropping weight and being able to NOT waddle, but it still hurts. I'm thinking maybe I developed bone spurs or heel spurs or whatever and may need to go to the Dr. boo.

April 3rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just chunkier and my hair's falling out now. Joys of being a momma.

April 4th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Expecting #1
Joint pain and stiffness. I hope it goes away.

April 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
For me...it was all about my feet! My feet have hurt non-stop since I was pregnant and now that David has been born, I wake up each day and have a hard time even stepping onto the floor. My feet kill me! I've also noticed they're larger, I cannot wear a lot of my shoes and that also kills me....I LOVE MY SHOES!

My stomach has also become spongy...I cannot wait for that crap to return to normal. I'm not about even a tiny Buddha belly, even though I am back to wearing clothes I had before I had David, I don't like the Jell-O I got jigglin' under my clothes. Come bathing suit season, I will probably get a burkah lol

April 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
tbh, my body is more or less the same as before my kids.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search