Any mommies having trouble sleeping?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Host of March '10 PR
The night time feeding has me all thrown off. I don't mind getting up with her, but the issue is that I can't fall back asleep afterwards. By the time I fall back asleep, she is soon ready to wake up again.
Tonight for instance, it was DH that got up with her. I woke up bc I heard them, and here I lie 2 hours later, still awake.
This sucks. Anyone else having sleep problems? Any tips you can share?
March 30th, 2013, 04:20 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's me! I've always had a tough time falling asleep. I sometimes use melatonin. It's an herbal supplement to help you fall asleep but not like a sleeping pill. I've also heard great things about sleep time tea.

Right now I'm on Vicodin for a wrist procedure I has yesterday so I was out like a light! Lol

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
March 30th, 2013, 04:48 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I totally have this. I can fall asleep no problem but after a middle of the night feed I often lie there for an hour or two wide awake. So annoying... It's not like I'm not tired or anything!!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't fall back asleep this morning after I fed T at 5, but it was because I was afraid my alarm was going to wake up everyone in the house at 6, so I just laid there for an hour.

April 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I was having lots of problems sleeping before I went back to work. Now that I'm back to work I'm at a whole nother level of exhaustion so I haven't had many issues sleeping lately.

April 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Hi there.

A month ago I had insomnia soo bad I thought I was going to lose it completely. One night I lay awake from 12-7am. It was so terrible. And it's a cycle that gets worse cause the more sleep you lose the more you TRY to sleep and that often makes it harder to go to sleep cause you are too conscious of it. Then... a vicious cycle.

I have one word of advice. It SAVED ME. I didn't believe it could or would but after my first procedure what do you know, I went straight to sleep every time after he fed in the night!

ACUPUNCTURE!!!!!!!! I go once a week now, to a community clinic that's low cost. It seriously is amazing! I took Ambien and Benadryl (doctor's recommendation at first) but those were making everything even worse. I had a horrible panic attack and then was recommended Zoloft! Acupuncture made it so that I needed NONE of that! It lessened my anxiety by 95%. I don't know how it works, but DANG, it really really worked for me!

Also- not looking at my Iphone, not getting out of bed (having hubby do diaper changes in the night) and just taking deep breaths when I can't sleep also helps a lot. I drink Sleepy Time tea every night now too before bed.

Not sleeping can seriously escalate out of control. I believe natural ways to get yourself to sleep are best.

One of things that came to me during my first acupuncture session was that I needed to stop panicking about trying to sleep. I needed to just stay in the moment, now, when night falls, during the middle of the night. I also thought not sleeping would kill me, but I realized the worst it could do is make me a little crazy, but that I would get through it. That made it much better. To stop focusing on it and to start thinking like "well if I don't sleep it wont kill me" instead of "HELP!!! I'm dying! I need to sleep."

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

April 3rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sleep schedule is so messed up. Stinks working the crappy 2nd shift hours. I need to start forcing myself to go to bed right when I get home because I get this burst of energy when I'm home, but can't do much cause everyone else is sleeping. Then daytime rolls around I'm a zombie and before I know it it's time for work again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search