Finally, Baxter's 2 month well check and vax...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
...is today.

We originally scheduled his appointment later than normal because he pediatrician was out of the office last week. Yesterday, we got a call that our appointment was cancelled because our ped was out of the office until May 8??? We called to reschedule, and we are still going today, but seeing another ped in the practice, which is ok. I would have liked Bax to see his regular doctor, since he is so calm with him, but I learned yesterday that the NP is the one who does the vax anyway, so it might not have mattered.

I feel like I'm the last one here (of those that are doing vax/non-delayed vax) to get theirs done. Now, the question will be...what does my afternoon look like afterwards?? I know the after effects can range anywhere from sleepy to cuddly to fussy to pain to pissed. So, we will know in a few hours!

Yesterday, all he wanted to do was be held and nurse...and that's how I spent the better part of the day. I got nothing done, and I'm sort of not expecting to today either. Oh well, such is baby life!

Happy Wednesday!
Hoping4bby likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan slept after his shots for a good 3 hours at least. When he woke up F U S S Y till DH brought home some tylenol. Then he basically slept through the night, I lept forgetting about his leg when I'd pick him up and he'd whine so keep that time mind.

April 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the tips, Amanda. I would probably have forgotten about his legs too.

We are home, and he did fine. He was a gem before hand, and during his exam. He is 12lbs 5oz (37%ile), and 24 inches long (77%ile) - tall & skinny! He checked out just fine. He did ok for shots, screamed for about 5 seconds, but that was it. We are home now, and he fell asleep in the car, and he is sound asleep, so I've still got him in his car seat. He is supposed to have a meal by now, but I'm just going to play today by ear. I figure, once he wakes up, he'll be a fussing fusser for the rest of the day. Poor guy.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad it went well so far. Maybe he'll surprise you. Clairre cried for just a couple minutes after shots and was basically fine the rest of the day after a good nap. Amanda is right about the legs, though. That is the only thing that really seemed to bother Clairre after her shots. Good luck!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

April 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not alone, Taylor had hers today too. She's not overly tired or fussy yet, I think she's just happy I'm home early so she can have boob. lol

April 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
How is he doing?

Lauryn only cried for a few seconds afterward, then fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep for a bit. She did get a fever, but I bought Tylenol before hand.

I thought all was going to be fine except for the fever, but the next day she vomited... a whole bottles worth, it was horrible, and I could tell she felt miserable.

I'm blaming the oral Rotavirus vaccine. Had I known it was live virus (which a few other vaccines are as well, but they don't get those until a bit older) I may have elected not to get that one. I'm still debating on whether or not I will complete the series.

April 8th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyenchanted View Post
How is he doing?.
He is doing great, back to normal. He was sleepier than usual for a bit that day but other than that, he didn't seems to have any effects from the vax.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search