Calling all cat-nappers

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Who else has a cat-napper? Lucy takes many short naps throughout the day. It worked well when she was younger, but now I think she'd really benefit from a few longer naps a day. I'm really working with her to merge her afternoon naps into one long one.
I know all kids are different, but I feel like DD1 took fewer, yet longer, naps.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep. Clairre is a cat-napper most days. She is in daycare in the mornings and takes an hour to hour and a half long nap there. In the afternoon & evening she will only occasionally take a longer nap. It'd help me immensely to get housework done and cook supper if she'd sleep then... Hopefully it's coming. The night time sleep is getting better, so I can hope.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

April 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Alayna will take like two 45 min naps during the day and then one long nap around 6pm about 2-3 hours then she is up until bedtime usually around 11pm

April 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi is mostly a cat napper. Her longest nap is usually her am nap of an hour-2 hours tops

April 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Omg a 2 hour nap would be heavenly!
Not only do I think she needs it... But it would really allow me to get some chores done. Or have a nice long chunk of one-on-one time with my older daughter. I feel like in always so busy with Lucy.
April 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Lately, yes but it's not the norm. Normally, Baxter takes a short nap in the late morning--about 45 min. In the afternoons he will take a 2-3 hour nap. Lately though, he just takes 30 min naps here and there.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Expecting #1
Ember takes 20-45 minute naps at home even on the weekends, but at daycare she is taking 1-2 hr naps. She seems fine with the shorter naps and is STTN so I guess I can't complain.

April 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I guess Lucy got this memo. She is currently napping, going on 3 hours! And this morning she napped for 2 hours!
April 4th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker is definitely a cat-napper. He'll take one longer nap in the late morning - usually about an hour to two hours long, but then takes half hour naps the rest of the day. Wish he'd take just a few longer naps so I can get some stuff done. Also he has a tendency to only want to nap on me so as soon as I move him to go get things done, he wakes up. Still working on this whole routine thing lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 5th, 2013, 05:22 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I guess this is pretty normal! Some days Mollie will sleep3-4 hrs during the day
And then shorter naps but some days only 30 min naps all day long. I hate it! I feel like she's more restless and needy those days. Yesterday was like that but I noticed she cooed like crazy too! I guess she just felt like staying up and talking to mama!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

April 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Dee
J cat naps all day, and still sleeps quite a bit overall. He's only awake for 60 to 90 minutes at a time, then sleeps for 30 to 90 minutes, all throughout the day. He sleeps pretty well most nights, too.

I know I shouldn't complain about a baby that sleeps, but I am a little worried about how much he sleeps. Not call-the-pediatrician worried, but still, he seems like he should have out grown that by now. He's 3.5 months, and he's small (11 lbs). Maybe that's just it, that he's still sleeping like a newborn during the day because he's small?
April 11th, 2013, 03:07 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dex cat naps all day. I am lucky to get a 45 minute nap at all. It really wears me out and I wish I could get him to combine naps. It's hard with an older sibling though because she has so many activities that he constantly has to nap while we are out and about

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
April 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran
Wow I would even love a 45 minute nap! Quinn takes kitten naps I guess, 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there, all day until around 5 pm, she'll take a long nap for maybe 1.5 hours. At least she sleeps 8-10 hours a night so I guess I can't really complain, but yeah, I get NOTHING done all day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search