Baby Carriers

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By 1stbaby
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we talked about this before but I can't find the topic so thought I'd start a new thread

What carriers are you using? Which do you find to be the easiest to put on but also comfortable?

I'm thinking of going ahead and putting Marshall in a RF convertible carseat. I had planned to wait until he was able to sit up in the buggy but every since we took his body insert out (he is too big for it now) he fussies/cries alot when we put him in his seat. I'm not sure if it's because of the seat or he's just fussy at the time but I'm thinking maybe the seat. It is soooo uncomfortable feeling! It has zero padding so it's hard and I have to fold a receiving blanket and put it in the bottom of the carseat to make it the least bit comfy. I also want to take his head rest out because he doesn't need it but I'm leaving it so that his head has some padding as well. I didn't realize it was this bad until I had already thrown the box away, I wish I hadn't done that so I could've returned it!

But I'm wanting to find a carrier that is comfortable but super easy to put on for trips to the store. I don't want to have to use the Moby for short trips because it takes a few minutes to put on plus I think it might become a pain with warmer weather coming because Marshall gets so hot.

April 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Here is the link to the other thread, for your reading pleasure!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...y-carrier.html (Favorite baby carrier?)

I have been reading/learning a lot more lately about babywearing. We have the Moby and the Ergo Organic w/infant insert right now. He loves the Moby...when I get him in there right. He hated the newborn hug hold, but loves the regular hug hold...again, when I get him in there right. I can tie it on pretty quickly, but for some reason, I just can't get him in there just right every time. I think once he is able to hold his head up on his own and needs no support, he will LOVE the moby.

I haven't been able to get the Ergo to work for us yet. He hates the newborn insert, and now is too big anyway. But, he's a bit to small for not using it, too. He isn't comfortable without it yet, so we are sort of in between stages with it. I think, again, once he doesn't need the head support, he will be awesome in the Ergo.

I think, though, that I am going to join a local lending library for baby wearing, so I can try other kinds via "renting". You can check out a different type of carrier each week for $20. I know other places online do it as well. I really like the idea of a woven wrap, and think that will be a good solution for us as he grows bigger and out of the moby (because the moby is so stretchy, it can be harder on your body as they get heavier). But, I also love the look/idea of the Mei Tei - which I know Mere will chime in about

Also, check out PAXbaby.com I love this site.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 4th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the Baby K'tan and the Ergo.

I love the Baby K'Tan so much I bought my sitter one too. It is made out of the same material as the Moby and it has a lot of the same holds, but it is sewn together in 3 pieces that make putting it on 100% easier.

I have not used the Ergo with Peyton yet. She is still too little and she didn't like the infant insert either.

April 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an original design Beco that I bought (used) years ago that I LOVE! I wore Sarah Beth on my back for several hours yesterday and she loved it.

I just ordered (should be here tomorrow!) a linen ring sling for the summer from Sleeping Baby Productions (SBP). Jan is awesome and turns out some amazing ring slings.

I have an Ergo on hold at TJ MAXX right now that my friend is going to pick up tonight. Can't wait for that either!

And I'm currently drooling over the Tula carriers but I'm not ready to spend the $150 or even $100ish for a used one. BUT they are great!

I'm a member over at TheBabyWearer.com and that place is LOADED with anything and everything you would ever care or need to know about babywearing. Check out the sections on how to choose a carrier and then the FSOT over there! I've bought several from mommas on there and am currently stalking it for another carrier!

April 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Meredith, if you read this post, is this like the baby carrier you have? Amazon.com: Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray: Baby

I was looking into the Mei Tai but realized there are a few different kinds.

April 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the beco gemini! It has really made life a lot easier

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search