Sleeping all night??

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 07:09 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I know Ive been MIA lately but its been a bit crazy over here. I ended up getting surgery, hubby is away again, and my mom came to visit, so I haven't had much computer time lately. Well anyway, I wanted to get your opinions on something....

For the past few nights, Joshua has been sleeping the entire night! I mean he usually has his last bottle around 7-8 then goes to bed til I get up for the kids to get ready for school at 6:30. That is about a 10 hour stretch. He has up-ed his formula intake only a little bit, where now he eats between 3 and 5 ounces every 3 or so hours. But here is the strange thing, he is still napping during the day too! I mean, now that he is just about 3 months old, I feel like he should be awake more! So hes eating about 23oz a day, and sleeping a lot. Should I be concerned??

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
April 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I don't think so? But I'm a FTM so I really don't know! As long as he is eating and gaining and peeing/pooping normally, I wouldn't worry too much. Also, if when he is awake if he is acting normal and alert and such, it's probably fine!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Latham has been doing the same. He will eat during the day and immediatly doze off...then sleep really well at night even without finishing his last bottle before bed.

April 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Lincoln doesn't sleep all night, but he really just barely stirs to eat. Once I put the bottle in his mouth he drifts back to sleep almost immediately and sucks while he's sleeping, so he isn't really awake for much of the night. He also still naps a LOT during the day, and I'd say he eats a little bit more in ounces but not a whole lot. Maybe 26-27 oz per day. He seems perfectly healthy so I feel like it's fine. Some babies still sleep a lot at this stage.

April 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Expecting #1
When I just give Ember the bottle, she eats 28oz of breastmilk. Six 4 oz bottles. She sleeps 8-10 hours at night and will take 4-6 naps per day. Her first two naps are 1-2 hours and then the rest of her naps are less than an hour with her last nap before bedtime only being about 20 minutes. I think his sleeping is perfectly normal.

April 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan has slept through the night twice this week, twice! Joshua's schedule sounds just like Evan's. I also thought he would be awake more but I just remind myself how alert he is when he's awake and then I feel better. Soon mama, soon!

April 5th, 2013, 01:03 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a nice chart that shows how much babies sleep bye age. baby sleep charg

Keep in mind this is on average and some babies need more and some need a little less. Based on this, I'd say he's right on target!

April 5th, 2013, 02:03 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the input ladies! Today I am actually tracking his formula intake just to be sure how much he actually is eating so I can know if he is getting a lot. According to that chart sleeping for about 15 hours a day seems to be right on target. I guess I just assumed that by now they should be awake more, but I guess not.

ALSO, when he is awake he is alert..so that eases my worries a bit too.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
April 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Lauryn has been sleeping through the night since about 5 1/2 weeks... and there are STILL days where she will take a 3 hour nap and still sleep at night. She also takes frequent smaller naps throughout the day.

She's eating just about the same amount as your LO as well.

I'd say perfectly normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search