No AF yet...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 03:40 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else still without AF? Dexter slept through the night for the first time last night so I'm thinking it should be coming back soon if that keeps up ( I read that for bf moms it usually comes back again once baby sleeps through the night). But I can't help that I am starting to get a little nervous... We've only dtd a handful of times, but it only takes one time right?
Anyone else still missing af? Anyone worried yet?

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
April 6th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I'm on my 2nd AF now. She didn't come back until 8wks PPD and I was getting pretty worried because I was 5.5wks PPD with DS1 lol.

I've heard it can take a while if your EBF but I'm not sure. When in doubt POAS
April 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
No AF for me yet. I am EBF and not even a hint of her showing (which is fine by me!!!) though every once in a while I get what feels like O pains or maybe mild AF cramps. Hmmm....

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 6th, 2013, 08:39 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It really varies from one woman to the next. Some EBF and dont get a period for up to a year, i EBF and got mine (with both boys) by 6 wks. Other women who dont EBF can get theirs anywhere from 6wks pp to a year pp. Im sure youre fine but if you need some comfort do what Kelsey suggested an POAS for reassurance

April 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I have the opposite problem - there's only 1 week since I've had her that I wasn't bleeding. The week I stopped was during my 6 week follow-up, and I went on depo at the time, so I'm not really sure if AF came back, I'm still bleeding from the pregnancy, or if it's an effect of the depo. In the past when I was on depo, I never bled, so this is new for me. I would say consider yourself lucky you can dtd! Also good luck if you POAS

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
April 7th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got the Mirena so I don't think I'll really know when AF returns, but with my daughter I didn't get it back until 14 mo even though she had a period of STTN between 6 and 13 weeks old.

April 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Dee
Nope, no AF for me, either, and I'm almost 4 months pp. I have had a day or two of spotting twice, but nothing resembling an actual period. I thought it was because I was at least pumping, but I gave that up a month ago, and still nothing.

Definitely POAS. I did, twice, and had mixed feelings about the negative... on the one hand I don't want a distraction from our awesome little one, and on the other it would be nice to get this show on the road, have our babies and then close up shop.
April 10th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in the exact same boat as Dee up there. No real AF, had some spotting about a week after my pp bleeding stopped that I thought was AF but now I don't think so. I stopped pumping a little bit ago and still nothing. I poas about 2 weeks ago and it was a nice lil negative so if she doesn't show soon I'll use the other FRER I have even though I hate wasting that money lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None here, she can stay away forever as far as I'm concerned.

That said, it came back around 3 months with DS, so I expect it'll be similar this time.

April 17th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Veteran
Nothing for me, and I only pump 4 times a day (and get barely anything anymore) AND Quinn's been sleeping through the night since she was 4 weeks old, so I don't know about that theory. I was definitely getting worried so I took a test today as a matter of fact, thank goodness it was negative.

April 17th, 2013, 06:02 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stopped by the dollar store today to get a test but they didn't have any. Ill get one from the pharmacy sometime this week just to be safe. I'm just being cheap and don't want to spend ten bucks on a test that is most likely negative.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search