Safe Sleeping... HELP!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 04:59 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
So I've been swaddling my 11 week old. She gets out of the swaddle every night, and then manages to do a 180. Her head is always where we left her feet. She turns totally around and her blanket ends up next to her. Do I need to stop trying to swaddle her? Do I need to remove the blanket? What about keeping her warm?
April 9th, 2013, 05:10 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I can't swaddle Max any more either. I'd look into some sleep sacks.

April 9th, 2013, 07:10 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We haven't swaddled Bax for quite a while now, he always escaped! We use sleep sacks. We have had a few nights where we put him in cozy PJs with no sack and he wiggles himself in a circle! The sacks are awesome at keeping them warm and in place. I like the Aden+Anais ones (they come in 2 weights), as well as Halo. My fave right now is by SwaddleDesigns, since it fits him just right.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 9th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the opposite; we've just recently started having to swaddle Lincoln because he won't be still to fall asleep anymore. Since he's gotten more alert and aware of his surroundings, he's decided that the world is a VERY exciting place and he just doesn't want to miss out on anything for something as silly as sleep.

Anyway, I roll 2 blankets up and stuff them next to him to hold him in place. I also sleep right next to him so I can check on him constantly and make sure he's in place. I know it won't be long before that stops working though. I swaddle him with a crocheted blanket and we do it SUPER tight and there is no way he can wiggle out of it right now.

If he weren't sleeping next to me and he turned around as much as your LO does, I would probably just dress him in something warm and not use a blanket.

April 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Thanks. The swaddle does help her. We have some sleep sacks, but they all have sleeves that are about 4 inches longer than her arms. I guess her hands don't have to stick out. Maybe I'll buy some new ones.
April 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamermarie View Post
Thanks. The swaddle does help her. We have some sleep sacks, but they all have sleeves that are about 4 inches longer than her arms. I guess her hands don't have to stick out. Maybe I'll buy some new ones.
The sleep sacks I have are all sleeveless. I like that I can still put him in jammies but have him warm in the sack too.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius doesn't like being swaddled but he lets us put a sleep sack on him. We have 2 sleeveless Nap Saks from SOZOUSA and a Swaddle bag from Blankets and Beyond. I love the Nap Sak.

April 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Expecting #1
I know Ember is one of the older babies in this playroom, but she pulls her blanket over her head and to her face when she wants it and down when she doesnt want it on her face. I pull it down after she is asleep so its not covering her face, but I am not too nervous about blankets anymore because of her strength and cordination. She is sleeping in my room in a bassinet next to my bed so I can watch her though.

April 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
wickerhart's Avatar Veteran
I use a Swaddle Me for Gabriel... he sleeps wonderfully with it and I can Velcro him in pretty tight which keeps him pretty happy. I have another one that Velcros his arms down to his side and he cant get out at all.

2/18/12 (7weeks)

April 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use the velcro on Taylor, she can't get out yet.

When my son was transitioning from being tightly swaddled to sleeping without it, we would put a sleep sack on him, but leave his arms inside and not through the arm holes at all. That was he could get used to having more freedom of movement, but still not whack himself in the face and wake himself up. It worked really well for us.

April 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
We double swaddle or "super swaddle" as we call it. It's a swaddling technique that keeps her from escaping and she sleeps so well. She actually likes it... as soon as she gets in it, those little eyes get heavy and she knows it's sleep time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5K4VdZxwsu4

I use a regular receiving blanket for the small inner folded blanket (since they aren't good for anything other than that and burps cloths, IMO) and and Aden + Anais swaddle blanket.

We started this swaddle at 5 1/2 weeks old, and that's also when she started sleeping all night... I think it allowed her to stay asleep instead of jumping and waking herself up.

April 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We put Kingston in sleep sacks too. It's just so much easier at night when trying to change him. If it's a cold night I will leave socks on him and put him in a long sleeved sleeper gown..the ones that have the mittens attached to the hands (for extra warmth) and he has been perfectly fine...he was getting to hot for the swaddling and then when it was cold he would usually get out of it and then his little hands were freezing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search