Anyone's LO NOT

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By PickyNicki
  • 1 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By WENDYLL22
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By minalyn
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby
  • 1 Post By KerryJo
  • 2 Post By Lintu
  • 1 Post By mojomama
  • 1 Post By RobynL
  • 1 Post By mal91011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Sleeping through the night?

I thought for sure Marshall would be by now! I know alot of people say anything more than 5hrs is considered STTN but I don't consider it that unless he goes to bed at like 10 or something.

Here lately he's been going to bed between 7:30 and 8pm, wakes up around 12-1am, again at around 4am, 6-7am then back to sleep until around 8 or so. I would be getting a pretty good stretch of sleep if I went to bed when he did but thats impossible to do, so i really only get about a 2-3hr stretch before he wakes up. The past couple nights he's not even finished his bottle before passing back out so maybe it won't be long before he STTN.

I find myself wishing he was like DS1 who NEVER got up every 2hrs, by 3-4wks was sleeping from 10pm-4am then until 8am and all night long by 2months. I NEED SLEEP!
April 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Clairre is almost on the same schedule! She goes to sleep at 8:30/9:00 then wakes around 1:00, then again around 3:00/4:00... I have to be up at 6 to get ready for work. It stinks! Thought we'd be doing better by now, too. Hope it is going to get better soon! Guess I'm glad I'm not alone.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

April 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Max is soooo close. He goes to bed around 9pm and wakes up between 3-4. Feed him and then he sleeps again till around 6.

April 9th, 2013, 04:27 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Latham is down very early....between 7-8pm. He usually wakes around 3-4pm and then again around 7am. This is not every night though. There are some nights where he goes to bed this early and is awake between midnight-1pm and again around 4am....eating like he is starving.

April 9th, 2013, 04:34 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Max is soooo close. He goes to bed around 9pm and wakes up between 3-4. Feed him and then he sleeps again till around 6.
Bax did exactly this for about 2 weeks right before he decided to STTN

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I just typed outa big long message and then lost my connection. Grr.

In short, Lucy sleeps 8pm- 3 or 4am, then goes back down til 7 or 8.
April 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post

Bax did exactly this for about 2 weeks right before he decided to STTN
I really think he was super close to sttn but then he got this darn cold and totally sleep regressed. Hopefully as the congestion eases up he'll sleep longer!

April 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker is awful at sleeping! Some nights are better than others but honestly it's pretty crappy regardless. He sleeps from 9-10pm til 2-3am usually (sometimes only til 1 though) then wakes back up between 4 and 5am and wants to stay awake for awhile before going back to sleep until 730-8am. I usually go to bed with him so I can get that first decent stretch but no matter how much he eats at his 2ish feeding he's up around 4 and it is SO irritating because DH wakes up at 5 for work so he loses out on that hour of sleep often. I don't think Parker is even close to STTN - he still only weighs 11.6lbs and doesn't seem to be gaining very quickly. Ugh I miss sleep..

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 9th, 2013, 07:57 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan STTN 3 nights last week. He was sent home from daycare with a fever yesterday, which quickly went away, but now he's all congested. So... he's getting up twice a night. It's alright, one for me and one for DH lol.

April 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine isnt even close! He goes to sleep around 8-9 (But will only sleep in the swing at that time) then he wakes around midnight. After I feed him we both go to sleep in the bed. And then he wakes around 330-4am to eat and then he sleeps til 630-7am. So he basically is still eating every 3hrs. After the 330-4am feeding he tosses and turns for about an hour before going back to sleep. It is impossible for me to go to bed at 9 with him because I still have my toddler (and the house would NEVER get cleaned).

Felix is well over 14lbs so Idk why he doesnt STTN. DS1 started sleeping through the night at around 4wks... i was spoiled lol... Felix just like to eat way too much

Needless to say like everyone else I am exhausted!

April 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh geez, Linc is nowhere near STTN, lol. I guess I'm just used to a chronic lack of sleep at this point because it doesn't bother me too much. Yesterday was bad though, the night before he was up every hour and really fussy and not wanting to sleep, but I think it's because he's becoming so alert and interested in the world around him that he just can't be bothered to sleep anymore.

Anyway he gets really tired around 7-ish but I've been trying to keep him up for a bit longer to see if it would help him sleep later in the morning. Right now he's up around 11pm, 1am, 3-4am, and then he wants to be up for the day at 5:30-6am. lol it sounds sooo bad when I write it out like that. I pump two bottles worth of milk before bed though, and I have them fixed and ready on my bedside table so all I have to do is pick the bottle up and stick it in his mouth until about 3-4am when I need to wake up to pump, which I HATE doing because I want to sleep sooo badly, but that middle of the night pump is totally necessary to maintaining supply so I do it. So basically I do a whole lot of dozing throughout the night which is better than having to sit up with a wide awake baby for 2-3 hours, but it's still tough.

I'm ok with it though. I'm used to it by now, my older two STTN at 17 months and 2+ years so it's just par for the course by now. Lincoln doesn't seem to need as much food as my other two did though; he will take a few sucks and then go back to sleep so I am hoping that means he might be close to sleeping a bit more at night!

April 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kingston doesn't STTN either. He goes to bed at around 10 and wakes up every night at 4 then usually every 2 hours after that and he will stay awake after 9-10 which isn't too bad because I can sleep in until he decides to wake or get up around 8 ish if I need to get stuff done. He slept once for 7 hrs and a few times for 6 hours but that's the best we get. I'm not too bothered by it unless its an off night and he gets up at 1-2 because then its every 2 hrs after that. I hope he eventually sleeps more but I know it could be worse! I hope everyone gets a break here or there.

April 10th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Super Mommy
Shelby gets the "I need to go to bed fussies" around 9-10ish. Sometimes she will wake around 1 to eat but not lately!! If she does wake at all around 4, I stick the paci back in and she is out until around 8.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

April 10th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahahahaha, yeah right. Aaron is well over SEVENTEEN pounds and is up every 2 hours. I'm not convinced weight/size has anything to do with it. His sister STTN at 6 weeks (though she quit when she hit the 4mo sleep regression) and she was 11.5lb at the time.
Sawyers_Mommy and nursingmama like this.

April 10th, 2013, 01:49 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Thomas is STTN... but the soonest any of my older four did was over a year old, so I had a break coming to me! Lol! My oldest kid still doesn't STTN, she just stopped waking me when she was four. I caught her up and wandering the house at 3am a few nights ago. Gah!

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
April 11th, 2013, 02:01 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are not sleeping through the night. Dexter teased me o e night by sleeping 9 hours straight but it only lasted one night. He typically wakes up 3 times per night, sometimes more and wants to nurse every time

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
April 11th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Two nights ago he actually slept from 9pm-4:45am. Last night he was wanting to wake up at 1am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryJo View Post
If she does wake at all around 4, I stick the paci back in and she is out until around 8.
I tried this trick last night and he managed to sleep another 2 hours. Good tip!

April 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
I'm not convinced weight/size has anything to do with it.
Yeah I don't believe that either!! Marshall is atleast 14lbs.

Last night he went down at 8:30 and woke up at 2:30. I stuck his paci and leaned his receiving blanket in his arm and touching a part of his face (he loves that) long enough to fix his bottle and he ended up falling back asleep until 3:30 and then up at 6:45! So 7hrs and then another 3hrs! woo, maybe he's getting close!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search